CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   ONLY $100 deposit for the CruiseMates"Peaks and Penquin (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/309064-only-100-deposit-cruisemates-peaks-penquin.html)

Kuki February 16th, 2006 05:45 PM

ONLY $100 deposit for the CruiseMates"Peaks and Penquin

Our first group cruise to South America!!

CruiseMates Peaks and Penquins Group Cruise

12 nights -On the Golden Princess, sailing from Chile to Argentina (Feb. 24/07)

Inside Cabins (Category JJ) - $1,539
Inside Cabins (Category I) - $1,589
Inside Cabins (Category II) - $1,629
Oceanview Cabins (Category FF) - $1,759
Balcony Cabins (Category BB) - $2,019
Balcony Cabins (Category BA) - $2059
Mini-suite Cabins (Category AC) - $2,379
Mini-suite Cabins (Category AB) - $2,459

Including port charges and taxes
Per person - based on double occupancy

And for a short time a special - ONLY $100 per person deposit will hold your cabin

get in touch with Nancy Bogert (Cruise Planners)

Toll-free: 1-800-561-0802

Email: nancy@planningcruises.com

Irish Shark February 17th, 2006 03:48 PM

I contacted them and the price is the lowest that I have found for my cabin type. We are in the process of getting air quotes and then I'll book it.

Kuki February 17th, 2006 05:07 PM

Irish.. GREAT! Hope it works out for you to join us!!

The prices are REALLY good for this cruise. And nice amenities to boot!

Irish Shark February 17th, 2006 05:23 PM

There will be a deal on from 2/27 - 3/5 when you only have to put down $200/pp. Right now it is $1200/pp.

Keep an eye out for your cabin choice as in some categories it is slim pickings.
---------
Does anyone know what city to fly into for Valparaiso? It looks like Santiago to me.

Mike M February 17th, 2006 06:06 PM

Santiago, Chile is the airport you will fly into. It is a bit early to start looking for flights on your own. They should be available in about a month.

SCL = Santiago
AEP = Buenos Aires
EZE = Buenos Aires (Use all Airports when doing search) EZE Most common

Take care,
Mike

Irish Shark February 18th, 2006 12:06 PM

Mike, I can get flight prices now. So far I am at $1000 rt (Delta). Princess is quoating $1750.

Sunflower February 19th, 2006 03:31 PM

Kuki,

Would really like to go on this cruise, but it looks like the airfare would cost almost as much as the cruise. We'll probably go to Europe again this year, since the airfare is a lot less.

Really enjoyed meeting you on the Liberty Transatlantic and enjoyed taking part in several of the activities you organized. You really put a lot of time and effort into it. How about a group cruise to the Greek Isles?

Mariel

Irish Shark February 20th, 2006 02:15 PM

I don't know where you are flying from, but check directly with the airlines. My price was direcly from Delta and it beat everbody's price. Don't buy the Princess air.

SharB February 24th, 2006 10:39 AM

Considering this

8) - Hi Everyone!

We are considering this and looking into the air rates. We know the airfare could be a make-or-break on this, so we're shopping around. I asked Nancy if there's a possibilty of a group rate for flights out of LAX and will post if she comes up with something.

Kuki and Geela are a dream to cruise with, they make it sooo much fun!

Hope we can join you. :wink:

Shar

Kuki February 24th, 2006 12:15 PM

Quote:

Kuki and Geela are a dream to cruise with, they make it sooo much fun
!

I had to quote that portion, cause it's just so nice to see it in print LOL LOL LOL LOL

Shar.. thanks for the VERY kind words! We love it when people from past CruiseMates group have a good time.... cause that's definately or goal!!

Hope that you and Captain Ron find a way to join us! I know the air is costly, but I view it as a once in a lifetime trip.

TCook March 1st, 2006 07:22 AM

Kuki - Have you been to Machu Picchu or planning to do so on this cruise. Can you post any info you might have on M P.

Irish Shark - Why wouldn't you purchase Princess air?

I agree with SharB - Kuki and wife are great to travel with on a cruise they arrange.

Mike M March 1st, 2006 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharB
Kuki and Geela are a dream to cruise with, they make it sooo much fun!

I can at least agree with half of what Shar said. Geela is wonderful. The tall guy is just OK. :wink: :wink:

I am still working on Betty but the problem is the timing after the NYE cruise. I'm hanging in there.

Irish: What city are you flying out of? The lowest rate I am finding is $1925.

Take care,
Mike

Kuki March 1st, 2006 12:24 PM

Quote:

Kuki - Have you been to Machu Picchu or planning to do so on this cruise. Can you post any info you might have on M P.
I've never been to South America before so honestly don't know much at all about Machu Picchu (other than it makes me want to say gesuntiet :wink: )

I have certainly heard about it, but haven't started researching it all. But if we can get there, we certainly plan on it.

Irish Shark March 1st, 2006 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCook
Irish Shark - Why wouldn't you purchase Princess air?

They are too expensive. $1750/pp

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike M
Irish: What city are you flying out of? The lowest rate I am finding is $1925.

I am going out of LAS. Called Delta directly and got a price of about $1000 rt/pp. If they screwed it up .. oh well! :D

Base Fare: $985.00 (USD)
Taxes/Fees: $50.50 (USD)
Total: $1,035.50 (USD)
-----------------
AA Total pp/rt $1035.50 USD

SharB March 1st, 2006 06:50 PM

Santiago Reciprocity Fee

:shock: I was just reading on the South America board about the requirement for (those of us from the US) $100 pp while going through customs in Santiago. Ouch!! I sure hope the rate doesn't go up next year. Anybody have suggestions for a way to avoid this? I guess it's to maintain the airport and it 's not as expensive getting off the ship and going to the airport.

Shar

Kuki March 1st, 2006 07:58 PM

Shar.. you could pack Capt Ron in a suitcase. That would save $100 LOL

The fee does sound pretty high... one of those "what can you do" situations.

Irish Shark March 2nd, 2006 12:09 PM

It is not a "fee"; rather it is a "bribe". :D

http://cruisemates.com/forum/viewtop...ht=airport+tax

SharB March 2nd, 2006 12:56 PM

Hi Irish! Boy, isn't that THE TRUTH LOL

Kuki - I think Capt Ron will fit in our largest suitcase. I'm just not sure what clothing I'll have to sacrifice. We are still just in the consideration phase on this cruise. Ron was really hoping to do the Antartica one and if we do this one, we probably will never do the other. Luckily, we still have time to think about it... :-?

Shar

Jayge March 15th, 2006 09:42 AM

South American Cruise On Sun Princess 2-2007

Dear Kuki

Is there a deadline on the $100 deposit for the SA cruise with Princess (Sun)?

If we decide to go using airmiles, is anyone going a day or two before the cruise and what hotel?

Jayge

Irish Shark March 15th, 2006 11:44 AM

You missed it.

You missed it. The promo deal on the deposit ended 3.5.06. :cry:

We are going at least one day ahead. It could be more depending on how things shake out. I have not checked the hotels as of yet. If you (or anyone else) has some ideas, please pass them along.

Jayge March 15th, 2006 01:25 PM

South American Cruise On Sun Princess 2-2007

Thanks you for the information that the $100 deposit deadline is over now. I had inquired earlier to the T/A (Nancy?) handling this trip and she did not tell me the exact date only that it would be ending soon.

What is the procedure now for making a reservation for that trip if we decide to go? Hate to tie up large amounts of money for a year though.

I don't know where to look for details such as how much the insurance would cost, etc. from Princess v.s. private insurance.

Any advice?

Jayge

Irish Shark March 15th, 2006 01:56 PM

Now that was the date that Nancy told me when I was booking. It is possible that it got extended. Give her a call. Also, she has the best price that I could find.

For insurance, see what she has to offer. Also take a look at http://www.travelguard.com/travelins...source=adwords for buying it on your own. You can compare prices.

Princess insurance is too much $$$ and to restrictive. (Read the fine print.)

Jayge March 15th, 2006 04:59 PM

Dear Irish Shark,

You have been most helpful. Where are you going on your next trip of 150 days (forget exact number). We are looking for another trip in 2006 that would not be too close to our August 2006 river trip.

My husband and I are signed up for the Rivers of Europe with GCT which is a riverboat trip in August starting in Vienna and ending up in Amsterdam but we are taking a post trip with them to Bruges, Belgium of 4 extra nights. ... a total of 20 days.

We were on their Highlights of the Blue Danube before and it was terrific. Quite different from the large cruise ships but equally enjoyable.

We hope to take a cruise again on one of the large cruise ships with Cruisemates soon. However, I will call Nancy to see if the $100 deposit is expired.

Thanks again for all your help.

Jayge

Grand Princess Mediterranean 2000
Dawn Princess Carribean 2001
Norwegian Dream 2002 Baltic Capitals
Norwegian Dream 2003 Canada and New England
Grand Circle River Cruise Highlights of the Blue Danube 2004

Next trip: August 2006 GCT Vienna to Amsterdam River Cruise plus Belgium and Bruges

Irish Shark March 15th, 2006 06:08 PM

My wife and my son and his wife are going to do the "Northern Europe" thing on the Golden Princess.

Europe-Northern 10 Days • Princess Cruises • Golden Princess
Day Date Port Arrive Depart
1 Fri, Jul 21 Southampton 5:00 P
2 Sat, Jul 22 Zeebrugge 8:00 A 6:00 P
3 Sun, Jul 23 Rotterdam 8:00 A 5:00 P
4 Mon, Jul 24 At Sea
5 Tue, Jul 25 Oslo 8:00 A 5:00 P
6 Wed, Jul 26 Copenhagen 8:00 A 6:00 P
7 Thu, Jul 27 At Sea
8 Fri, Jul 28 Hamburg 6:00 A 11:00 P
9 Sat, Jul 29 At Sea
10 Sun, Jul 30 Le Havre 7:00 A 7:00 P
11 Mon, Jul 31 Southampton 5:00 A

Irish Shark March 28th, 2006 03:05 PM

Has anone else booked this cruise besides me? :?:

If not, then I am going to cancel it.

Irish Shark March 30th, 2006 05:22 PM

Well, it looks like this is a non-starter. I think I will can it and look for something else.

Kuki March 30th, 2006 05:30 PM

Hi Irish...

Unforunately we have cancelled this one as an "official" CM group. There were plenty of inquiries, but the air seemed to be a big obstacle and fear for most.

Really too bad, because it would have been a wonderful itin to do as a group.

Jayge March 30th, 2006 06:07 PM

Peaks and Penguins Cruise and Deposit

Dear Irishshark,

What happens to deposits when a trip is cancelled so I will know for future planned trips. I am new to the group.

Jayge

Irish Shark March 30th, 2006 06:12 PM

Jayge, if it is before the final payment date a couple of things can happen:

* You get the deposit back in full
* You get the deposit back less any "fee" tagged on by the company that you booked with. Maybe $50 or $75.
* Just transfer it to another cruise.

Kuki March 30th, 2006 06:15 PM

In the case of this group (and all our groups) you have a choice. You can keep your deposit at the posted rated, and go on the cruise, just without a group.

OR... you can cancel get your FULL deposit refunded.

We cancel very few groups. But this one turned out to be a very hard sell because of airfare concerns.