Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 17th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Passenger

Default Stateroom Beverage List

I've seen a picture of a "Stateroom Beverage List". The selections were available for stateroom consumption only Prices for Stoli or Beefeater $20. Is this still in effect?
Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Princess does have in-cabin bar set up for pre-purchase through their guest services. The prices are reasonable but a bit more expensive than that. I think the price per liter is more in the $28 range for Stoli.

You can contact them at: 1-800-Princess and select Guest Services.

Make sure to ask for the full liter bottles and NOT the 375 ml. packages. These are available for around $17 and are not really worth it.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 17th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Admiral

I bought a bottle while onboard (no pre arrangement). I just called room service and 5 minutes later it was there. I forget what I bought (gin/vodka), but it was $20 for a liter.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old February 17th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Passenger

Thanks for your response.

I can understand the difference in price. Stateside vs duty free.

I do remember when they sold duty free liquor prior to boarding. Now that I think of it, we picked it up at the dock prior to sailing at duty free prices. Granted the duty free prices were a little higher than what you would pay at St Thomas or St Martin but still way below stateside.

We also did this on other lines too.

I enjoy a drink in the cabin while getting ready for dinner.

I haven't sailed Princess for a few years and I realize the drill is now a lot different than it had been and am trying to decide the best approach to the problem (yes, the cruise lines have made it a problem).

[/code]