Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2006, 02:46 PM
Beginner

Default Bump out cabins on Coral Princess

Anyone stayed in one of these mid ship mini suite bumpout cabins? Just wondering about the size of the balcony and are they partially covered?
I would imagine it is in a good location being midship ?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old February 23rd, 2006, 05:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

We are taking the Island Princess to Hawaii in September. The Island and the Coral are sister ships and have the same layout. I researched cabins and balconies and can tell you that cabins in the middle bumpout area of these ships are covered (Aloha deck is not fully covered - Baja on down are). The size of the balconies are the same on Aloha and Baja decks - they are smaller than Caribe and Dolphin. Hope this helps - if you go to the Photo Gallery on this website and look up Island or Coral Princess I'm sure you will find pictures that people have posted of their cabins and balconies and they usually note which cabin it is.
Old February 26th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Beginner

IF YOU ARE TAKING THIS SHIP ON A CANAL CRUISE OR WISH TO SEE AHEAD OF THE SHIP, DO NOT BOOK A STERN CABIN BEHIND THE BUMP-OUT SINCE IT TOTALLY OBSCURES THE VIEW FORWARD (AND VISE-VERSA). IT WAS VERY FRUSTRATING SINCE THERE WAS VERY LITTLE SPACE ELSEWHERE TO SEE IN THE FRONT OF THE SHIP TO VIEW THE CANAL DUE TO THE LACK OF A WRAP-AROUND PROMENAGE DECK. IN OTHER WORDS, I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE BUMP-OUT CABINS EITHER IN THE CENTER OR TOWARD THE FRONT. NOTE: I FOUND OUT TOO LATE THAT WATCHING FROM THE MORE SPACIOUS STERN AREA WAS A GREAT PLACE TO VIEW THE CANAL BY SEEING WHERE YOU'VE BEEN INSTEAD OF WHERE YOU WERE GOING.
Old February 28th, 2006, 12:22 AM
Beginner

Try this web site and see if it helps.
http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/
This was posted on another cruise site.
Old March 1st, 2006, 05:13 PM
Admiral

I've been on the Coral twice in the mid bump out section - Caribe deck. This balcony is larger than those above and is about 1/2 covered and 1/2 open but quite private.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old March 2nd, 2006, 04:49 PM
Beginner

You might want to take a look at a site I created, after doing a lot of research on balconies on the Coral and Island Princess. See it here:
http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/
Old March 27th, 2006, 09:20 PM
Beginner

Default Darn fine work Tom

I can see the work you put into your site. It is very helpful.