CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   whats the best deck on Caribbean Princess? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/309870-whats-best-deck-caribbean-princess.html)

cruisinbuddy March 1st, 2006 09:23 AM

whats the best deck on Caribbean Princess?

Just wondering where you've all stayed on CP. I'm anxious to hear reviews on the best deck. :D

OnlineMom March 1st, 2006 01:15 PM

When are you cruising? We'll be on the CB in just over 2 weeks. We have a balcony cabin on the Caribe deck. I was really hoping for a mini-suite on the Dolphin deck but have been told that we'll like the balcony much better on Caribe - they're half-covered (not totally exposed like those on the Dolphin) and larger from what I hear. I'll post a trip report when we return!

CA Cruiser March 1st, 2006 01:30 PM

I think you'll be happier in a Caribe cabin rather than the Dolphin. I heard more people voice their dislike for their Dolphin balconies. Aloha and Baja balconies are covered but the Caribe and Dolphin ppl can look up into the balconies. IMHO, I would rather have a mini-suite on the Emerald deck, below the Dolphin. The balconies are private.

TF02302 March 1st, 2006 02:17 PM

We had 2 adjoining bal on Baja, they where ok, I don't like the fact that you can look down on people and they can look down on you. But i'm not a big fan of CP. Hope you have great weather and a great trip.

cruisinbuddy March 1st, 2006 04:50 PM

We sail in April. We booked the BG category which is Baja deck with balcony but have been upgraded to Caribe with balcony. We've been told that it is quite an upgrade.

CA Cruiser March 1st, 2006 05:09 PM

cruisinbuddy,
Great upgrade. We have had cabins on both decks, same size but the balcony was much larger on the Caribe and half covered. We loved the privacy! Enjoy!

Charlene March 10th, 2006 02:52 PM

Hi
I just wanted to let you all know that we just got off the 2/25/06 sailing we had an inside cabin on the lideo deck. Great location right off the pools and horzion court buffet and the trident grill. We love this ship, it was a fabulous cruise, the entertainment was the best, and the food was perfect. We couldn't of asked for anything better, it was such a relaxing cruise had no problems of any kind, except an emergency evacuation of a patient that needed surgery. Hats off to Princess, as they did a great job getting it all under control, for the hellcopter to evacuate the patient they also kept us all informed about the patient.

I must tell you all that we will book this same cruise again, as it was the best and the ship is beautiful and in great shape!!

san007 March 10th, 2006 05:36 PM

who paid u 2 say that. True the Caribe Deck is better than the rest. I'm n my 30's but I felt like I was in the "Cacoon" movie. I am still young at heart but love classy and fun things. Ihear the steakhouse was ok. thanx

LisaK March 13th, 2006 10:31 AM

i also prefer Caribe, then Dolphin.

cruisinbuddy March 15th, 2006 12:58 PM

so are you saying its an older crowd on the cp?

Russell in MD March 21st, 2006 11:30 AM

Caribe w/ balc.

The balcony is humungoid. 9' x 9'. Yeah I measured. LOL Room enough for four chairs and two small tables, has a glass wall, and is half covered. The room is a nice size with something of a walkin closet. Bathroom is pretty small though.

I too have issues with the ship/cruise from when we were on it last Sept. but the balcony and room cant be beat. By far the best in that price range I've had yet on any ship. You'll have to weigh that against any other issues you may potentially have.

I posted here about our general experience after getting back.

R

tmcaputo March 25th, 2006 09:52 AM

Plaza

We had an outside on the Plaza Deck, right behind the art gallery. Great Room, good location to the show rooms. We were close to the elevators to get to the Lido deck. Loved this ship.