Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 4th, 2006, 04:03 PM
Familiar Face

Default Arcade/Video Games on Golden Princess

We'll be sailing with our teenage kids on the Golden in the next few weeks and I know my son will want to play video/arcade games. Do they cost money to play? How much? Does he need to buy tokens on the ship? bring quarters? or are they free? When I was on the Golden last year, I never even found the arcade until the last night! Just wondering so he can plan ahead.
Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2006, 06:19 PM
First Mate

They do cost money (it's been a couple of years, so I don't remember how much). Can't remember if they took quarters or tokens...I think tokens. Hopefully someone can confirm.
Old March 5th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Beginner

I sailed 3 years ago and for about $20USD you can purchase a plastic card which inserts into all the machines. I'm assuming it's still the same.
I had hours of fun!
Regards
Elle
Old March 6th, 2006, 06:24 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to swannyb

Elle nailed it, the arcade games don't take quarters or tokens but instead use a swipe card which you get when your purchase your first credits for the arcade. Each game is valued at x number of credits, just reload the card once the credits are used (at least that will be your child's response).
- Majesty of the Seas, Mar 2004
- Grandeur of the Seas, Mar 2006

NCL Cruises Sailed
- Norwegian Sea, Apr 2000
- S.S. Norway, Dec 2000
Old March 6th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Familiar Face

Thank you so much for the information on the video games. It's always nice to know what to expect head a time when taking kids along. I just told my son to save some of his money for the arcade.
Old March 6th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Admiral

FYI - just keep an eye on your kids sign and sail card account because they can "charge" the arcade card to their account.
Old March 6th, 2006, 04:30 PM
Familiar Face

Yikes Lisa! I'm glad you warned me. At the resort we usually go to we can put a limit on their cards, I wonder if that will be an option. I'll have to check at the pier or the pursers desk once we're aboard.
Old March 7th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Admiral

Becky - yes you can put a limit on your kids card, you do it at the Purser's desk. Your son can put his cash on his card, and once its gone its gone, unless he replenishes it with more cash.(sneaking in a lesson here on financial responsiblity )
also - Virgin cocktails are NOT included on the soda card. Our son acquired a taste for virgin pina coladas- which was fine because he told us that so there were no surprises on the statement.