Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 6th, 2006, 12:13 AM
Beginner

Default RCCL vs Princess

Does anyone have any comments after going from RCCL s voyager size ships to Princess. My multip generational family has done these ships for the past 4 years. Am considering a change but would like it to be just as active for the kids.. we dont used the kids progRAMS BUT we do all the sports with them.

Thx
Sponsored Links
Old March 7th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Passenger

I can compare the Mariner to our recent Sapphire Princess. I would say that overall kids would enjoy the voyager class better. There are more pools on the Sapphire -- and freshwater, which appeals to kids more -- but I got the impression that adults would rather the kids not be there. They do have mini golf -- which I never found -- the door that said game room didn't lead to anywhere -- maybe it was being worked on. There was a court, but I never saw kids in it -- slightly smaller than the mariner, and was set up as a type of paddle ball, not basketball courts like the Mariner.

Princess does have personal choice dining, but for a large family gathering -- it would be a headache for the person making reservations, I think traditional dining would be best -- and there is usually a wait list for this from what I read on the Princess boards.

I don't think you would have a "bad" experience on Princess, and I'm sure some of your group might enjoy it more -- but for overall age appeal and types of activities -- you might find yourselves coming back to the Voyager class.