Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 10th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Passenger

Default Carribean Princess - Emerald Deck

We just received our cruise documents and have been assigned a cabin on the Emerald deck (in the 400s). Does anyone know anything about this location? This is our first real cruise (we did a three day several years ago) and want it to be the best experience possible, especially since we'll be celebrating our anniversary. Any info anyone can share will be appreciated. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old March 10th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Admiral

I sailed on the Caribbean Princess last November in Cabin 411 which was partially obstructed - Category E. Most of the 400 cabins are obstructed (Categories FF, F, GG and G). When they say obstructed, they mean by lifeboats outside of the window. Partially obstructed (at least in my case) had metal bars, stairways, etc. Wherever you're located, you can make it the best cabin for you. After all you spend a great deal of time out of your cabin. One thing that's especially good about the location is that you'll be midships (the smoothest ride) and you are very close to the elevators and stairways.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old March 12th, 2006, 10:23 AM
Cruise Maniac

We were in an obstructed view cabin on Emerald Deck on the Golden Princess last year. Haven't been on Caribbean Princess, but I think the layouts are similar. Our cabin was in the 300's...I have to say honestly that we loved the location and the deck. It was very quiet because there are a lot fewer cabins on that deck yet we were fairly close to the central elevators to get to anywhere we needed to go. The cabin had a small refridgerator, a desk, closet and shelves for storage. It was also lower in the ship which is where I need to be, much less motion than upper decks, but had enough light from the window. Great choice for your first 7 day cruise, I think. Happy sails...................................