CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Golden Princess - General questions (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/310564-golden-princess-general-questions.html)

pennypenny March 12th, 2006 12:08 PM

Golden Princess - General questions

I was thinking of taking a travel kettle for our cabin. Do you think I would need one?

I'm also in a dilemma about my dresses for formal night. I have already had one black dress which is nearly floor length, sleeveless with a sequin trim. I am also about to purchase another black dress which is floor length matt satin with a chiffon trim and stole. It looked lovely on. I am just a bit concerned that there won't be many women with floor length dresses. Do the majority of women wear them or is it only a small minority.

We are cruising to the caribbean in April for 14 nights. How many formal nights will we have? Will it be more than two?

Kuki March 12th, 2006 01:38 PM

There's no need to drag along a kettle. You can easily get tea or coffee through room service or a visit to Lido Deck.

And the two dresses sound just dandy. Lots of women will be in full length dresses. You won't be out of place.

Only 2 formal nights on your cruise, and 5 casual.

Have a GREAT cruise!

pennypenny March 12th, 2006 02:19 PM

Thanks for your reply.

You've said 2 formal nights and 5 casual, which makes me think that you have assumed we are going for one week. Am I right or is it only 2 formal nights in the whole of the two weeks.

pennypenny March 12th, 2006 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuki
There's no need to drag along a kettle. You can easily get tea or coffee through room service or a visit to Lido Deck.

And the two dresses sound just dandy. Lots of women will be in full length dresses. You won't be out of place.

Only 2 formal nights on your cruise, and 5 casual.

Have a GREAT cruise!

Do you mean 2 formal and 5 casual in the whole fortnight or is that per week?

emm March 12th, 2006 07:28 PM

I think you will see 50/50 on dress length. Black dresses are the most common -- depending on the time of year -- tropical prints are also very common. If you have to buy another dress -- you might consider something such as black pants or a long skirt that can be worn with two different tops.-- but whatever you feel good in is key! Keeping your formal clothes to a certain color that you can wear the same shoes is a great space saver.

Fern March 12th, 2006 07:51 PM

Hi pennypenny,

According to the Princess website there will be 3 formal nights on a 14 day cruise. You'll be fine wearing the same dress twice. Just change your accessories.

Have a wonderful time!

Lesley March 12th, 2006 09:28 PM

Just got off the Golden ,you will not need a kettle but take a exstention cord with you ,Great food ,but did not care for the anytime dinning .

LisaK March 13th, 2006 10:50 AM

your outfits sound perfect. The majority of women will be wearing long, especially on a longer cruise. Wear the dressier of your outfits on the first formal - the Captain's Gala Welcome Aboard is the dressier of the formal nights. You will have 3 formal nights on a 14 day cruise, you can wear the same dress twice, just change the accessories.

ohanafour March 13th, 2006 05:28 PM

I noticed most women wore longer formal dresses and looked beautiful...I thought more people participated the second formal night with the champagne waterfall....just my experience 2 wks ago...have fun!

Pam in AZ March 22nd, 2006 06:18 PM

I took the original post to mean that they might be on a back to back cruise? If that is the case, they would have 2 formal nights each week. But since most of the passengers will be different the second week, I would still only bring two formal dresses. We just returned from the Golden and there were lots of full length gowns, so no problem.