Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Passenger

Default Golden Princess - General questions

I was thinking of taking a travel kettle for our cabin. Do you think I would need one?

I'm also in a dilemma about my dresses for formal night. I have already had one black dress which is nearly floor length, sleeveless with a sequin trim. I am also about to purchase another black dress which is floor length matt satin with a chiffon trim and stole. It looked lovely on. I am just a bit concerned that there won't be many women with floor length dresses. Do the majority of women wear them or is it only a small minority.

We are cruising to the caribbean in April for 14 nights. How many formal nights will we have? Will it be more than two?
Sponsored Links
Old March 12th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

There's no need to drag along a kettle. You can easily get tea or coffee through room service or a visit to Lido Deck.

And the two dresses sound just dandy. Lots of women will be in full length dresses. You won't be out of place.

Only 2 formal nights on your cruise, and 5 casual.

Have a GREAT cruise!
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 12th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Passenger

Thanks for your reply.

You've said 2 formal nights and 5 casual, which makes me think that you have assumed we are going for one week. Am I right or is it only 2 formal nights in the whole of the two weeks.
Old March 12th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki
There's no need to drag along a kettle. You can easily get tea or coffee through room service or a visit to Lido Deck.

And the two dresses sound just dandy. Lots of women will be in full length dresses. You won't be out of place.

Only 2 formal nights on your cruise, and 5 casual.

Have a GREAT cruise!
Do you mean 2 formal and 5 casual in the whole fortnight or is that per week?
Old March 12th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Passenger

I think you will see 50/50 on dress length. Black dresses are the most common -- depending on the time of year -- tropical prints are also very common. If you have to buy another dress -- you might consider something such as black pants or a long skirt that can be worn with two different tops.-- but whatever you feel good in is key! Keeping your formal clothes to a certain color that you can wear the same shoes is a great space saver.
Old March 12th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Admiral

Hi pennypenny,

According to the Princess website there will be 3 formal nights on a 14 day cruise. You'll be fine wearing the same dress twice. Just change your accessories.

Have a wonderful time!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old March 12th, 2006, 09:28 PM
Beginner

Just got off the Golden ,you will not need a kettle but take a exstention cord with you ,Great food ,but did not care for the anytime dinning .
Old March 13th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Admiral

your outfits sound perfect. The majority of women will be wearing long, especially on a longer cruise. Wear the dressier of your outfits on the first formal - the Captain's Gala Welcome Aboard is the dressier of the formal nights. You will have 3 formal nights on a 14 day cruise, you can wear the same dress twice, just change the accessories.
Old March 13th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Passenger

I noticed most women wore longer formal dresses and looked beautiful...I thought more people participated the second formal night with the champagne waterfall....just my experience 2 wks ago...have fun!
Old March 22nd, 2006, 06:18 PM
Passenger

I took the original post to mean that they might be on a back to back cruise? If that is the case, they would have 2 formal nights each week. But since most of the passengers will be different the second week, I would still only bring two formal dresses. We just returned from the Golden and there were lots of full length gowns, so no problem.