Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 16th, 2006, 10:29 AM
Passenger

Default Early Return Flight

Is it possible to make an 11:00 a.m. flight following the cruise (Carribean Princess - 5/20 to 5/27)? I'm in the process of making airline reservations and it's either 11:00 a.m. or 7:00 p.m. and I'd rather take the earlier flight if possible. Has anyone had experience with this?

Sponsored Links
Old March 16th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Beginner

It can definitely be hit or miss. When we sailed on CP over New Year's we had an 11:15am flight out of FLL. We were at the airport by 9am or so. We were actually too early to go through security. Definitely had plenty of time. Make sure they are aware that you have an early flight and they will give you an early colour tag.
Old March 16th, 2006, 10:55 AM
Admiral

it is totally hit or miss. On our last cruise on the Golden, we had an 11:30 am return flight out of Ft. Lauderdale, and we were running with luggage to get to security. I wouldn't recommend it.
llook into booking a post-cruise excursion, rent a car for the day, rent hotel room for the day.
Old March 16th, 2006, 01:54 PM
First Mate

I wouldn't chance it. I've been on a couple of cruises that were late disembarking (due to customs)/late arriving to port (8 hrs late leaving previous port due to high winds) and hundreds of people missed their flights. Personally, if I'm flying to the port, I like to arrive the day before/leave the day after. It's so much less stressful that way.

Good luck!
8)
Old March 16th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

In Ft. Lauderdale it's much more likely that you can make an 11 AM flight than most other ports of embarkation.

That said.. you have to make certain the guest relations desk knows of your early flight, to get you off in the first group leaving the ship. Then grab a taxi rather than waiting for transfers.

Only thing is, if the ship is delayed for some reason, you have to be prepared for the challenge of finding another flight should you miss it.

If you are willing to accept that responsibility, then go ahead and try for the early flight.