Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 24th, 2006, 05:58 PM
First Mate

Default What would you do (booked on Star Princess 4/2)?

What would you do if you were in my shoes? Here's the situation:

Cruise Connections (bus to the pier) cancelled us for Star Princess 4/2, saying that Princess called them to tell them the cruise is cancelled. I called them back and they insist that Princess called them to cancel.

Our TA has spoken w/Princess and they say that 4/2 sailing has NOT been cancelled, but the person she spoke with thought it would be, and suggested we wait until they announce something before we do anything. I also called Princess myself, and was told the same thing. I wasn't looking for a freebie, I was just hoping they'd let me rebook without penalty. I figured if they would, I could book the NCL Jewel cabin that my TA is holding for me just in case mine is cancelled. I hoped they would consider that I'm a platinum member, and that I would definitely sail with them again.

I find it very hard to believe that the ship would be sailing in a week. Even if they do some work while it's at sea, I can't imagine that it could be made even presentable by then. If it were my company, I don't think I'd sail it as is - sometimes looks do count when $ is concerned.

Would you take the chance that they are going to cancel 4/2 and go ahead and book another cruise? I could leave the Star booking open and book the other. I realize if they don't cancel, I'd be out the money.

So what would you do?
Old March 24th, 2006, 06:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to kitty2

If you cancel you will forfit any money you have paid ...unfortunatley you will have to wait till Princess anounces whether they are cancelling the cruise and hope they offer you an alternative cruise for this time frame or a credit for future cruise as they have done with the March 25th cruise.
Old March 24th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Admiral

NanaShrek,

What would you do if you were in my shoes? Here's the situation:

Cruise Connections (bus to the pier) cancelled us for Star Princess 4/2, saying that Princess called them to tell them the cruise is cancelled. I called them back and they insist that Princess called them to cancel.

Our TA has spoken w/Princess and they say that 4/2 sailing has NOT been cancelled, but the person she spoke with thought it would be, and suggested we wait until they announce something before we do anything. I also called Princess myself, and was told the same thing. I wasn't looking for a freebie, I was just hoping they'd let me rebook without penalty. I figured if they would, I could book the NCL Jewel cabin that my TA is holding for me just in case mine is cancelled. I hoped they would consider that I'm a platinum member, and that I would definitely sail with them again.

I find it very hard to believe that the ship would be sailing in a week. Even if they do some work while it's at sea, I can't imagine that it could be made even presentable by then. If it were my company, I don't think I'd sail it as is - sometimes looks do count when $ is concerned.

Would you take the chance that they are going to cancel 4/2 and go ahead and book another cruise? I could leave the Star booking open and book the other. I realize if they don't cancel, I'd be out the money.

So what would you do?

I would wait until Princess cancels before doing anything. Princess probably will not do anything further until the team of investigators completes its investigation into the cause of the fire and the cause of the adamage caused by the fire.

I agree with your assessment that MV Star Princess probably will not return to service any time soon. Nonetheless, it's entirely possible that your cruise is completely booked and that another cruise at the same time is significantly undersold. In such a situation, Princess Cruises may well decide to cancel the other ship's booking and operate your cruise with the other ship.

Norm.