Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 2nd, 2006, 09:53 AM
Captain

Default Hey, Kuki, How About the Med for 2007???

Seeing as the Penguins didn't fly, how about a Med cruise for 2007, as in spring, not summer or even fall? Someone else mentioned this, too, I think!

I priced the new little Royal with Princess and almost fainted!!! Of course, I was trying to do a B2B and as a single, ouch, they were killing me!

I know things aren't arranged this far out, but just a thought!
Old April 2nd, 2006, 12:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Actually Susie.. I have been working on a couple of alternatives for a 07 Med cruise.... specifically trying to find the right deal for an Eastern Med itin.

If we can find the pricing we like it will come to be reality.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 2nd, 2006, 02:42 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Hey, Kuki, How About the Med for 2007???

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs

I priced the new little Royal with Princess and almost fainted!!! Of course, I was trying to do a B2B and as a single, ouch, they were killing me!
We've booked the Royal for 07, I agree, I almost died when I saw the prices. They want for an inside what we paid for an FV last year on Millennium.
Old April 3rd, 2006, 12:04 PM
Admiral

Tracy,

We've booked the Royal for 07, I agree, I almost died when I saw the prices. They want for an inside what we paid for an FV last year on Millennium.

Cruise prices are generally trending upward (some stock analysts would say "recovering"...) due to growing demand and an interruption in shipbuilding due to perceived lessening of deamnd after the "9/11" attack.

I personally meet this with very mixed emotions. As a stockholder of a cruise company, I'm thrilled with the stronger yields. As a frequent cruiser, though, I'm less than thrilled at the prospect of paying higher fares. I'll be taking advantage of more favorable pricing on the shoulder seasons for as long as this situaiton persists.

Princess does not seem to have much new capacity on order, but Princess's competitors do. Royal Caribbean International has three ships of the Freedom of the Seas class (158,000 tons, 3600 passengers) under constructon for delivery in 2006, 2007, and 2008 followed by the first "Project Genesis" ship, of a new class not yet named (220,000 tons, 5400 passengers) on order for delivery in 2009, while Celbrity Cruises has two somewhat smaller ships of the new Solstice class (117,000 tons, 2850 passengers) on order for delivery in 2008 and 2009. That's a total of
21,900 lower berths -- more capacity than seven ships of the [/i]Caribbean Princess[/i] class (117,000 tons, 3100 passengers). It will be interesting to see how rapidly demand continues to grow an the impact of the new capacity on fares.

Norm.
Old April 8th, 2006, 08:47 PM
Captain

Well, I am going to do this! I really want to be on a small ship for the Med, I've been talking about it for at least 4 yrs. (or more), Princess tells me I can do a share rate so Royal Princess it is!

Great itinerary from Athens to Rome stopping in Turkey, Israel and Egypt. The Barcelona to Athens does the standard stuff plus Istanbul.

Yep, the Med in 2007 for me and the best part is I can book now and use the $ 100. deposits I purchased on the Sea Princess. Don't have to tie up big deposits being over a year out!

Woohoo, Susan will be cruisin' the Med after all!