Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 6th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Passenger

Default Coral Princess

This is the first cruise for my husband and I. We are very excited. Any info about the ship would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old April 6th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Beginner

This will be our first Coral Princess cruise also, we are going April 23rd. I cannot tell you much about the cruise ship itself, however I have done much research. If you have any specific questions maybe can help.
Old April 6th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Passenger

Just wondering if our cabin is in a good location. We are on the dolphin deck towards the front of ship. I want to be able to be on the balcony without alot of wind and not a lot of noise from the surrounding areas. Any info on this?
Old April 7th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Admiral

momofamj,

Just wondering if our cabin is in a good location. We are on the dolphin deck towards the front of ship. I want to be able to be on the balcony without alot of wind and not a lot of noise from the surrounding areas. Any info on this?

That location will be fine.

If you had booked a cabin located on the pier, I would have advised you to consider a change.

Norm.
Old April 10th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Familiar Face

We (2 couples) are booked on the Coral next February for the Panama Canal. Our cabins are on the "bump-out". Will we be able to see the canal operations from our balconies?
Old April 10th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Shofer -

The bump out balcony cabins have a good view - much better than if you were in the setback cabins. Also, the trip through the canal is an all day event, so it is great to wander around the ship throughout the day and watch from all different vantage points. It is absolutely amazing. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did. We are already planning our next Panama Canal trip.

Bon Voyage!
Old April 19th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Beginner

Wind? You ask about wind? Two things to remember.

one. It is almost always windy on any balcony. You are, after all, at sea.

two. Never open both the balcony door and the door to your cabin at the same time. Everything not nailed firmly down will be either sucked instantly into the hallway, or jettisoned overboard.
Old April 21st, 2006, 12:12 AM
Passenger

I love a good breeze. I'm saying so windy that you can't enjoy sitting on the balcony at all unless docked. I will make a note of the doors. Thanks!
Old April 22nd, 2006, 08:49 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofamj
Hi momofamj, I was on Coral Princess 3Apr - 13-Apr, 2006 -- an identical itinerary. Winds and noise are unrpedictable; I can tell you on my balcony -- B706 -- near the stern, port side, wind was not usally evident. It's really pretty cabin/weather-dependant, but it was not a problem for us.

Surrounding area noise depends on your fellow passengers. There was some mechanical vibration at times, but nothing severe -- but this is not near your cabin. Shrug, it did not bother me.

I had a fantastic time on this cruise overall. If you have any specific questions, I'll be happy to answer.

Cheers, Aidan
Old April 22nd, 2006, 11:42 PM
Passenger

Hi Aidan,

I am sure the wind won't be a problem and the noise probably won't either. I'm sure I won't here a thing over my husbands snoring anyway. !!

I hope we have a good time. We are sailing to Alaska. Hoping for good weather but I am sure that it will be unpredictable.

What type of dining did you choose? Personal choice or Traditional and were you happy with your choice?

Old April 29th, 2006, 03:00 PM
Captain

Quote:
What type of dining did you choose? Personal choice or Traditional and were you happy with your choice?
We prefer late traditional, so it was 8:15 in the Provence dining room for us. This is purely a matter of personal preference, but we like late because it gives us time to decompress from excursions and have a cocktail and snack at 5. I have never tried Personal Choice so I can't comment.

The food and service was very good overall. The nice thing about cruise ships is if you don't like something the waiter will whisk it away and bring you something else -- or bring you multiple appetizers and entrees if more than one looks good.

Food is so subjective I don't usually comment on it. The Lido buffet on Coral had some kind of smoked fish every day, which I adore. I know that makes some people go "yuck", but I love it!

As for the wind, well the earth is windy! I don't think that is as big a concern in Alaska as in the Caribbean, but you never can tell.

I hope you enjoy your cruise. We did like Coral Princess. No cruise is "perfect", but this was one of our best.

Cheers, Aidan
Old May 7th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Hi Aidan,

I am sure the wind won't be a problem and the noise probably won't either. I'm sure I won't here a thing over my husbands snoring anyway. !!

I hope we have a good time. We are sailing to Alaska. Hoping for good weather but I am sure that it will be unpredictable.

We experienced both traditional and personal choice on our Grand Princess cruise to the Western Caribbean last November. The menus are the same -- the main difference is that, unless you make reservations and request the same table, you are not likely to have the same wait staff each night.

We didn't get to experience the flexibility of personal choice, however, because my mother made a reservation for our large party at the same time every night as if we still had the late seating. (The only reason we changed to personal choice is because our party of 14 didn't end up being seated together, not even at adjoining tables, due to a TA mixup.)

We decided to do personal choice on our upcoming cruise to Alaska. We like the freedom of deciding when -- or even if -- we're going to eat without having to let anyone know if we change our plans. This may be a reaction to the last cruise -- as you can imagine, there isn't as much flexibility when traveling in a party of 14, though it went much better than I ever imagined. Also, we're going to Germany in July with a group of about 40 and won't have a lot of freedom on that trip, either. So this cruise will be a chance for the two of us to really do whatever we want, whenever we want!

Caribbean Travel Photos & Pictures
Old May 11th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Took Coral Princess to Panama Canal - you will see the amazing engineering operation of the locks as you pass through - especially from your balcony, if you are in a bal. cabin. The front of the ship in public areas gets very crowded as the ship enters the canal area. We were there in March and the weather was hot and mild...can't advise about any other time of year. I thought this would be a (ho-hum) boring trip - but my husband is an engineer and this was a must do for him at least once. I have no regrets about seeing this marvel of man-made science! It is truly awe inspiring and I suggest you do some research before you take the trip - you will appreciate it all the more! If you do not go through to the Pacific side but return to the wharf in Cristobal (Panama dock) make sure to go to the duty-free area off board and you will be amazed at the "show" the locals put on for the cruisers. Also when we were there many of the rain-forest natives displayed for sale the hand made things that they artistically create from nature's wonders found in the rain forests. We bought an eagle feather that had a complete ocean scene painted on it - enclosed in wood and glass.....must see to appreciate! Happy cruising and safe return!

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not really wasted at all" ~ John Lennon
Carnival Victory to N/E & Canada 7 days