Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 6th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Repeat cruiser discount on Princess?

Does anyone know if I get a discount to book again with Princess? Any idea roughly how much of a discount? I'm trying to figure out if its significant enough to hold off until I cruise with them and then book my next cruise or should I go ahead and take advantage of the ES discount?

Any info would help, I needed this yesterday because I found a great deal and I want to get in on it.
Sponsored Links
Old April 6th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Admiral

seattleguy37,

Does anyone know if I get a discount to book again with Princess? Any idea roughly how much of a discount? I'm trying to figure out if its significant enough to hold off until I cruise with them and then book my next cruise or should I go ahead and take advantage of the ES discount?

Any info would help, I needed this yesterday because I found a great deal and I want to get in on it.

My last Princess cruise was about three years ago, so my recollection may or may not be right and it's also possible that Princess changed the program after the parent company merged operations with Carnival Corporation. IIRC, Princess does not offer discounts for repeat passengers but there are benefits for booking aboard a cruise. If you found a good deal, though, go ahead and book since the deal may disappear. You can always put an "open booking" in the system to obtain the "onboard booking" deals for a subsequent cruise.

Norm.
Old April 7th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Admiral

Princess will offer special deals to their Captain's Circle Club Members- via e-mail or letter. Princess also has a discount for referrals- if you have a friend who wants to cruise you can refer them to Princess and if they book you will get a discount off your booking.
Old April 7th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Admiral

Are you folks sure about that? I go online to the Princess site to check prices for cruises and then shop around. I have received notices that ask that I login "to get my discounted price". The price with the login is better than the one without the login.

Now maybe that is for a particular cruise and a certain cabin type and does not apply to all cruises.

On our next cruise, they also dropped the price $1500/cabin about 3 months ago. Only Princess had that price. The TAs did not know about it.

And yes, I also get the e-mail and mail "specials".

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old April 8th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Admiral

I haven't tried the online site but I get the newletters that offer me a discount to their choice of destinations because I am a past guest.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old April 11th, 2006, 07:46 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to paul1

I just booked our 5th cruise with princess last month,it is for april next year.the only discount I got was early booking discount.I did not recieve any thing for it being our 5th time with princess.it would seem to me we should but not as of yet.maybe they will discount it before sail date.