Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 12th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Passenger

Default Regal Princess to Alaska

Hi,
Has anybody been on this ship? Can you give me some comments, are there two formal nights on a ten day Alaska cruise? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old April 12th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Beginner

I can tell you that yes there are 2 formal nights. As I have yet to have my cruise on her. I will after June 15. Hopefully some one with more experience with reply to you.
Old April 14th, 2006, 08:01 AM
Admiral

Have sailed on the Regal Princess (Australia Jan 2003) and her sister the old Crown Princess. Absolutely love the layout of these ships.

Halls are wider, nice public areas. She is not as new and glitzy as others, but a classic ship. I do believe that she has been refurbished and the gym moved, etc.
Old April 15th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Cruise Maniac

I heard somewhere that being an older ship the Regal doesn't use the same system whereby your key card only has that one function and you require a separate card for ID. I'm used to having the key/ID card punched and wearing on a lanyard. Can you still do this on the Regal or what do you do?
Old April 21st, 2006, 03:30 PM
Passenger

Default Any and all info on Regal Princess

By tomorrow (when it opens) hope to have booking on this ship for 31 days Aug 2007 LA to Sydney.

I have a layout in a brochure picked up on board the Sun last week, but would appreciate any and all information on the ship especially if anyone has done a long cruise. Formal nights, dress code, things to do, movies you get the picture.

Please reply to rafex1@earthlink.net.

Thank you

Evelyn
Old April 27th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

I thought Princess was switching the Regal to another Carnival division in 2007?
I 'll be sailing her again in July to Alaska from SFO for 10 days... Really looking forward to my final voyage on the Regal.

I just find the Grand class of ships on Princess to hold too many people.

The Sun class is just right to me. I hope th sail to Hawaii on the Island and see how I like that size ship.
Old April 28th, 2006, 09:22 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lannp
I heard somewhere that being an older ship the Regal doesn't use the same system whereby your key card only has that one function and you require a separate card for ID. I'm used to having the key/ID card punched and wearing on a lanyard. Can you still do this on the Regal or what do you do?
True the locks use the old fashioned cards with holes in them, you get a paper card (in a clear plastic holder) with a bar code for ID. Another thing I did not like was if you came on time to the dinning room you had to wait in line due to the poor design of the entrance.

Old April 28th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Cruise Maniac

Is the key/card that big an issue???......to me its a non-issue.
Old April 28th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Admiral

No matter the design of the dining room entrance, there is a chance for a line, people tend to bunch up anxious to get in. It isn't just on the Regal.