Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 12th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Beginner

Default Upcoming Cruise Flights on Delta!

And I'm holding my breath!!!

Anyone Else?? If so, any preparations you are doing to ensure you don't literally miss the boat!?!
Sponsored Links
Old April 12th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Admiral

I've got 15 trips booked on Delta, not worrying about it all. Most of the flight attendants can fly the plane as good as the pilots anyway.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old April 12th, 2006, 06:02 PM
Admiral

Susis,

Anyone Else?? If so, any preparations you are doing to ensure you don't literally miss the boat!?!

I would not lose sleep over the threat of a pilot strike at Delta. The pilots know very well that (1) a strike right now would be pretty much the end of the line for the company and (2) ALPA's policy would require that they start over at the bottom of the seniority ladder -- which means flying the smallest jets for the least pay -- if they go to another airline. The union is rattling sabres in an effort to get a better deal, but a real strike is not going to happen.

Norm.
Old April 12th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Job related sickout ect could cause havoc and cancel hundreds of flights just to show how much power the pilots have over the airline.

Would I be worried if I were flying Delta....you bet . I would not currently book them at all.

Most other carriers have little space left to assume cancelled Delta passengers if things sour at Delta.
Old April 13th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Admiral

If they walk, they will walk forever from the last job that they had at Delta. Pitty the fool who walks since you just put yourself on the unemployment line.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old April 14th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Captain

Tentative agreement has been reached so hope that helps. My "Delta" tickets aren't until Nov but I know it must have been frustrating for those of you with flights in the near future. Hope it's smooth flying AND sailing!