CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (
-   Princess Cruise Lines (
-   -   A lack of Captains Circle Special Offers (

lsnhc April 18th, 2006 10:18 AM

A lack of Captains Circle Special Offers
Is it just me, or are there a lack of "special offers" this year. We have cruised Princess with our 2 sons the past several summers (3 European and 2 Caribbean cruises) and have taken advantage of a number of Princess' offers. So far, there seems to be little forthcoming for this summer. Anybody know why?

danacline April 18th, 2006 10:34 AM

Must just be you <g>. I seem to get offers via email about once a week, and by mail every week or two...

LisaK April 18th, 2006 10:49 AM

I also have not received any offers in quite awhile. Kinda makes you wonder who in the Captain's Circle they send the offers to.

lsnhc April 18th, 2006 12:48 PM

I have received a few, but they don't seem to be nearly as enticing as in the past. What seems to be missing are the really significant discounts that were offered in the past.
I am also constantly barraged with snail mail brochures from all of Carnival's lines....

skymaster April 20th, 2006 10:50 AM

I too seem to be getting a lot of snail mail offers from all the lines, and especially Princess. They are pushing Alaska, and the exotic cruises, as well as those sailing from New York etc. Very few "deals" for the "normal" Caribbean cruises.

danacline April 20th, 2006 03:49 PM

Just got a Captain's Circle newsletter in the mail yesterday.

But the best deal was from Costa last night via email - Christmas or New Years Caribbean for under $999. That's pretty tempting...

BuddyBoy April 20th, 2006 08:42 PM

Other than the print newletter I received a few days ago, I haven't seen an offer since the 10-day mexico cruise from SFO in April which I think I receive back in February. That one was $699 inside and I think $899 balcony.

ronnie April 20th, 2006 10:17 PM

I have had a difficult time getting my Captians Circle brochures in the mail. Haven't gottent any this year. I called Princess last year and told them that I wasn't receiving any brochures in the mail and as a result had booked several cruises with other lines due to receiving past guest specials in the mail.
After giving them my Captians Circle number I think I received one brochure and nothing since. Go figure.