Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 24th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Passenger

Default Just home from Caribbean Princess

WOW!!! what an amazing ship to be on for my first cruise. We had an absolutley fabulous time. Food was amazing, staff was outstanding, activities galore. I really have only 2 negative comments and that is that some of the rules regarding children are not enforced. At one of the clubs, after a certain hour is was to be adults only and people still had their 8,9,10 years olds there. There weren't misbehaving but the point is that it was for adults only. The other thing was that a group of young men decided to light up cigars in the nightclub and nothing was done about it even after we complained. Cigars are limited to the cigar bar. But we are pretty easy going so we didn't let it spoil our fun. We had a balcony room and everything was absolutely top notch. People were dressed formal on formal nights ( I know thats a sore spot with some) and dressed appropriately for smart casual, not that I would have cared anyway. If you have any questions let me know, I'm happy to answer for any of you crusing on the Caribbean Princess.
Sponsored Links
Old April 26th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Beginner

I'm so glad I have someone to contact about this ship. I just recently noticed that the Caribbean Princess Balcony leaving 9/30 is a tad bit cheaper than the Navigator OTS by Royal Caribbean.

I'm just concerned that we are not rolling the dice and falling into that old "you get what you pay for" situation.

Is this ship and cruise line as good (or better) than RCCL? We like RCCL because it's just enough party without getting on our nerves. We want to have fun, but we don't want to feel like we're the youngest people on the ship either.

Please advise.
Old April 26th, 2006, 11:01 PM
First Mate

Default to rspann

On a 7 day Caribbean cruise on Princess, there will be a wide variety of ages on board. It's the longer cruises that attract an older crowd, as well as certain itineraries. There aren't as many sports-type activities on Princess vs. RCCL (inline skating, ice rink, rock climbing wall, etc.)

I'm always recommending Princess to people! I have a friend that has only cruised RCCL and has no desire to try any other cruiseline, but I think she'd be pleasantly surprised if she tried Princess. I've been on NCL, Carnival and Princess. Princess is my favorite, close second goes to NCL. Carnival was ok, but wouldn't be my first choice. We've never had a bad cruise, but the most memorable were the ones on Princess.

We've been the Golden (2x), Grand, Coral, Star and are booked on Caribbean Princess 11/5 and are very excited to go. We've found that the food, service, entertainment to be consistent on each trip.

Have a fantastic trip!
Old May 1st, 2006, 01:45 PM
Passenger

this was our first cruise so I can't compare for you but I can tell you that there were activities every moment somewhere on the ship. I am 39 and my hubby is 41 and we travelled with my sister and her husband and they are in their mid 40's. We felt that the majority of passengers were in the 35-45 age range. There were some older of course with their teenagers and a few younger with their young children but I'd say the majority was right in our age range. We partied every night at one of the two night clubs. Club Fusion has the older music, 50's, 60's, 70 and 80's stuff which was a blast and Skywalkers usually played the newer club music. We had a great time at both and went back and forth between the two almost every night. I agre that there are not the sports activities going on but we aren't into that. No rock climibing, but they did have basketball and alothoug I never went, I heard the gym was very good. Hope this helps