Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 24th, 2006, 11:50 PM
Beginner

Default Sint Maarten Guavaberry Company

There's this place in Philipsburg, Sint Maarten called the Sint Maarten Guavaberry Company.

Has anyone been there?

Where is it located from the ship? Can we walk to it?

I'm interested in getting some exotic liquors from the shop? Which reminds me... how does that work out with customs and Princess?

Can anyone give me a rough estimate of how much liquor goes for either in the shop or on the ship? Thanks :-)
Sponsored Links
Old April 25th, 2006, 02:29 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to kitty2

When we were there they had a stand outside the shop where you could buy their products. also a store in Marigot (french side)

There are only 2 main streets in Philipsburg so you will not miss it.
Old April 25th, 2006, 08:18 AM
Admiral

Its called the Guavaberry Emporium on the Dutch side its on the main street , its a fairly small yellow building. To get to the shopping area on the Dutch side take the water taxi, its cheap.
Old April 25th, 2006, 05:05 PM
Passenger

Default Guaveberry Store

We walked to the store. It is about 10 minutes from the ship, on the main st. of the Dutch side. They gave out free samples of the Guavaberry smoothie type drink. I bought a bottle and brought it home. Mix it with ice, and cream of coconut and rum, sprinkle with Nutmeg. Different then most drinks around here. The hot sauce was very good also. You can order off the web when you run out. Ohio Cruisers
Old April 25th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Beginner

Default Thanks guys

Thank you for all the input...

Oh ya... Do the islands accept the american dollar? Is there an exchange rate?
Old April 25th, 2006, 08:59 PM
Passenger

I have been there. They not only sell liquor they sell spicy sauces also. I loved the place. I now buy from them online. Here is the website so you can get an idea on prices. I also remember them taking my american money.

http://www.guavaberry.com/

Enjoy!
Old April 25th, 2006, 09:58 PM
Admiral

The St. Maarten Guavaberry Co. is Located at # 8-10 Front St., Phillipsburg. I'm looking at a bottle of it as I write this. It's very good-- 35 % alchol. You can get plain or decorated bottles. You can also get free samples inside the store.
There is also a drink called Rum Jumbie that's very good. I got a couple of bottles of it the last time there. It comes in a bottle shaped like a man with a conga drum. You can get it in plain amber colored bottles or decorated. It too is made on St. Martin. It's an old recipe of rum and fruit mixture. I got mine at the shops near the dock. I can't remember what I paid but it was well worth it.
When I go back I'll definitely get a couple bottles of the Guavaberry and the Rum Jumbie.
Drink up.