Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 5th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Admiral

Default princess patter daily activities

We are about to take our first Princess cruise on the Caribbean Princess.After accessing the Princess Patter Daily Activity sheet I find it rather confusing re the times of the various activities. Even the activities themselves are not mentioned. Things such as trivia, wine tasting, ship tours, pool games etc etc I can't find anywhere. We have been used to Carnival's easy to follow hour by hour programne which we carried with us .all the time.
I also note that the restraunt times are mentioned only on the Welcome Aboard Platter not on the other days.
Will it be necessary to watch the morning T.V. show to find these activity times and where they take place or what?
Please help us on this.
Old May 5th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Admiral

Ummm, I have found that the Pitter Patter had the times of each activity starting with the first on down to the last one. They were listed in time order.

The meal times are not going to change, so I don't know why that requires repeating every day.

On the first page, it also gives the "dress of the day" for the evening meal.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old May 5th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Admiral

Hi Donna,

How many pages of the Patter did you see? It's been over a year since we were on Princess but, (if I remember correctly ) the second page listed every activity by time.

Do you have "Anytime Dining"? If so, you can go any time!

If you have "Traditional Dining" you'll have dinner at the same time and table every night.

Or are you talking about the specialty restaurants? In that case you should make your reservations as soon as you board, as they fill up fast.

Princess is our favorite cruise line. I hope you and DH (and kids?) like it as much as we do!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old May 5th, 2006, 09:07 PM
Passenger

Default princess patter

We cruised the Caribbean Princess last May. You will receive lots of information in your cabin on the first day. We were given a nice small almost pocket size map. On this map was the decks. On the back side of this was a list of all eateries and their serving times. Ohio Cruisers
Old May 7th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Beginner

Hi..I just got off the Caribbean Princess yesterday and it was easy to find the daily activities. I too was a Carnival cruiser and this was my first cruise on Princess, but the patter was easy to follow after the first day. The second page list all the daily activities and the third pages list the evening activties including what movies will be showing on MUTS.

Have a great cruise it's different than Carnival, but in a very relaxing way.
Old May 8th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Passenger

You'll love the caribbean princess. we just got back a few weeks ago. The patter is great, it outlines all the activites, where they are and at what time. The only problem is that there isn't enough hours in a day to do it all. Have a great time.