Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 15th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to shanenstac
Default Carib. Princess Dining Help Needed

Hello All. I read that Anytime Dining is something that the Carib. Princess is now doing. Is the traditional "timed" dining also available?

Is there a 24 hour buffet on the Princess? If so, is it just snacks or "real" food?

Thanks!
Staci
Sponsored Links
Old May 15th, 2006, 01:22 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Carib. Princess Dining Help Needed

Quote:
Hello All. I read that Anytime Dining is something that the Carib. Princess is now doing. Is the traditional "timed" dining also available?
Yes

Quote:
Is there a 24 hour buffet on the Princess? If so, is it just snacks or "real" food?
I think there are set hours for the buffet type restaurant but a large portion of the day and evening its open. Pretty real food. One night should be a seafood buffet with snow crab legs and shrimp etc. so loosen your belt. Keep an eye out for it or ask about it. They dont exactly announce it over the PA system.

R

CCL Inspiration 09
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Eastern 09
CCL Miracle Southern '08
RCCL Enchantment of the Seas Western '07
PCL Caribbean Princess Eastern '05
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Western '05
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Eastern '04
CCL Destiny Southern '01
CCL Sensation Eastern '94
CCL Ecstacy Western '92
CCL Jubilee Eastern '90
Old May 15th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to shanenstac

Russell,
Thanks for youre reply. That helps out alot!
I noticed that you have also sailed on RC and Carnival. Out of the three, which is your favorite? My husband and I have sailed on Carnival twice before (Triumph in 03 and Glory in 05), but thought we may like to try something new.

Any input is greatly appreciated!!!
Staci
Old May 15th, 2006, 07:11 PM
Admiral

Staci,

I read that Anytime Dining is something that the Carib. Princess is now doing. Is the traditional "timed" dining also available?

Yes. All Princess ships that have two or more main dining rooms offer "Personal Choice Dining," which means a choice of either "Traditioanl Dining" (with assigned tables at each of two seatings) or "Anytime Dining" (which works like good restaurants ashore -- you can either make a reservation or just walk in).

The Horizon Court offers 24x7 food service, but it varies throughout the day. The schedule is domething like this.

>> 4:00 AM to 6:00 AM: Continental Breakfast Buvvet

>> 6:00 AM to 11:30 AM: Full Breakfast Buffet

>> 11:30 AM to 5:30 PM: Lunch Buffet

>> 5:30 PM to 10:00 PM: Dinner Buffet

>> 10:00 PM to 4:00 AM: Bistro (Full Table Service; Buffet Lines Closed)

The times may vary depending upon ship and location. All ships have at least two buffet service areas, so the staff will close one side for cleaning when a meal slows down and then set it up for the next meal. They open the line at the appointed time, then close the other line and shift it over to the same meal in time for the peak demand.

Norm.
Old May 19th, 2006, 10:01 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanenstac
Russell,
Thanks for youre reply. That helps out alot!
I noticed that you have also sailed on RC and Carnival. Out of the three, which is your favorite? My husband and I have sailed on Carnival twice before (Triumph in 03 and Glory in 05), but thought we may like to try something new.

Any input is greatly appreciated!!!
Staci
RCCL hands down. Im a RCCL guy and so is the wife and most of the family that cruised with us on EoS last time. Im partial to the Voyager class of ships. I find they are a perfect blend of design (read nice, easy to get around, uncrowded feeling, not much trouble to get an elevator) and crew to passenger ratio.

I posted a review of the of CB in the Princess forum. Search it up and check it out if you like. While it wasnt a bad vacation I had some general issues with some things. I think the consensus is that they have slipped back some since Carnival bought them.

Carnival is OK. It has more of a Spring Break atmosphere and the decor is more tough in the eyes. This is a common knowledge thing that most people say. If your OK with that stuff then they're for you. Ive noticed they have tried to distance themselves from the old "Fun Ship" image of years ago so maybe they've got the hint

R

CCL Inspiration 09
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Eastern 09
CCL Miracle Southern '08
RCCL Enchantment of the Seas Western '07
PCL Caribbean Princess Eastern '05
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Western '05
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Eastern '04
CCL Destiny Southern '01
CCL Sensation Eastern '94
CCL Ecstacy Western '92
CCL Jubilee Eastern '90
Old May 19th, 2006, 09:11 PM
Admiral

Russell,

Carnival is OK. It has more of a Spring Break atmosphere and the decor is more tough in the eyes. This is a common knowledge thing that most people say. If your OK with that stuff then they're for you. Ive noticed they have tried to distance themselves from the old "Fun Ship" image of years ago so maybe they've got the hint

Hearing the same thing, I discussed the matter with my travel agent (a very senior agent who does a LOT of cruise bookings). She replied that Carnival Cruise Line has not really changed much, in spite of the line's efforts to shed its "floating frat party" image, because it still has the same following of passengers who thrive on (and create) that atmosphere. I understand that the decor in Carnival's newer ships is somewhat more tasteful, though.

Norm.