Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 18th, 2006, 08:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Mickeymom923
Default Crown Princess

First, I've never sailed on any Princess ships before. I've done RCCL, Carnival and my favorite DCL. I am debating whether to book the Crown Princess or RCCL Adventure of the Seas (both leaving from San Juan). This is going to be a family cruise for my 88 year young mom with ages ranging from 18 - 56. Which ship would be better? Any help pros and cons on both Princess & Royal Caribbean would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Bev
Sponsored Links
Old May 20th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Yeoman

Default Crown Princess

We will sail Crown from N.Y. on Sept. 30. #19 for us and we love sailing new ships. Never sailed AOS, but I'm sure everyone would like either ship. We sailed Voyager and Explorer a few years ago and loved that class of ship. Just research and read cruise reports on both ships, then make your decision.

Betty
cruise #19 booked: Crown Princess, 9/30/06

cruise #20 booked: Carnival Liberty, 1/14/07
Old May 25th, 2006, 06:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

We've sailed the Grand (which is supposed to be sort of similar to the Crown) and RCCL's Navigator which is a sister ship to AOTS. We had a great time on both! We brought the kids with us on RCCL and they had an amazing time. Both cruiselines will be fun for your family. Loads of activities for everyone.

After all, your cruise will be what you make of it. It's totally up to you how good of a time you want to have! You can't go wrong with either one.
Old May 25th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

I've been on a few RCCL ships and I was on the Crown Princess 2 yrs ago. Personally I found Crown Princess to be more of a mature and relaxed atmosphere - would work for Mom. RCCL ships have tons of active things to do and usually many younger guests than Princess. It's your choice in the end....
I am sailing with my entire family June 5th out of NYC on the Carnival Legend - Panorama Deck 8 adjoining balconies.....should be a wild & crazy cruise! This is my first Carnival cruise - I've heard only good things so I anticipate a great vacation on this ship.

You need to go to the different cruise lines websites and check out the reviews of past guests along with sample menus that they post, and the extensive activities on a daily basis....that should help you somewhat. Good luck and enjoy whatever you choose!

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not really wasted at all" ~ John Lennon
Carnival Victory to N/E & Canada 7 days
Old June 1st, 2006, 12:33 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Crown Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisinforever
We will sail Crown from N.Y. on Sept. 30. #19 for us and we love sailing new ships. Never sailed AOS, but I'm sure everyone would like either ship. We sailed Voyager and Explorer a few years ago and loved that class of ship. Just research and read cruise reports on both ships, then make your decision.

Betty
Hi Betty ~ come and join us on Cruisecritic.com. There are about 40 of us sailing with you on the 30th. We have a very active roll call.

Nancy