Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 28th, 2006, 11:47 PM
Passenger

Default Caribean Princess Dining Options??

We are two families with two teens and three 20-24 young adults for a total party of nine traveling on the Caribean Princess for the first time.

Our plan is to request the second dinning room seating. That way we can all have at least one time each day we could catch up with each other.

Here is the question: Lets say the kids want to eat at another place or time. Can they go to the other "anytime" dining rooms or are they bound to eat every night with their fun parents?
Sponsored Links
Old May 29th, 2006, 12:41 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Caribean Princess Dining Options??

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribeanjerk
Here is the question: Lets say the kids want to eat at another place or time. Can they go to the other "anytime" dining rooms or are they bound to eat every night with their fun parents?
Yes, they can. No questions will be asked. At least it was our experience on the Grand and don't think Caribbean would be different.
Old May 29th, 2006, 01:16 AM
Cruise Maniac

If you assigned to traditional seating that is where you are supposed to eat and not in the anytime dining room. The enforcement of that rule seems to vary from ship to ship however. If they don't want to eat with you they can always go to the buffet.
Jim.
Old May 29th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Admiral

Hello caribbeanjerk,

I'm sorry to tell you, but if you haven't booked yet and want traditional seating you may out of luck ! Traditional books up very early!

As Jim130 said, if you have Traditional seating your kids really should not eat in the Anytime Dining room. This would cause a wait for the people who have booked Anytime Dining and leave empty seats in Traditional, which many people want.

According to the "rules" if you book Traditional and go to Anytime, you lose your Traditional seating (this doesn't seem to be well enforced, so they may be okay). When you go to dinner the Matre' Di will check your cruise card to see where you're supposed to dine and may refuse them entry to the Anytime Dining.

If the kids don't want to eat in the dining room there's always the buffet or the pizza/hamburger restaurant.

Have a great cruise, wherever you eat!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old May 30th, 2006, 01:05 AM
Passenger

Hi Fern,

I'm calling our TA tomorrow but it looks like you are correct. I'll be shocked if it isn't already booked.

Actually the only problem I can see with "anytime" is the abilty to get a table for nine at a decent time.

But with our group of kids we probably won't all sit down together for seven nights anyway.

Anyway we'll figure it out how can you complain when from everything I've read this is going to be a great trip!!!

Thanks again,

CJ
Old May 30th, 2006, 01:14 AM
Cruise Maniac

If you call in the morning you can make reservations in the anytime dining room for a table for nine at almost any time you would like to eat.
Jim..
Old June 9th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Dining Room

One night I noticed at the next table that people did not show up. My dh asked the waiter what happens if you are late? He said that after 15 min. if a person who is assigned the table did not show up, someone who was waiting would be allowed to sit there. We made a point to be on time.

I inspected (and sampled shrimp) at the Seafood Buffet. A few nights a week they have a sea food on the Caribbean Princess. There was a wide variety of sea food. I did not have any complaints with the buffet either. If your ds decides to eat at the buffet instead of the dining room he should also find a variety of good food.