Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 1st, 2006, 02:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default "DOC DANCE" ??? DIAMOND PRINCESS

WE ARE FIRST TIME CRUISERS.

O.K. EXPERIENCED CRUISERS. NOW I AM GETTING TO FEEL THERE IS SOMETHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW. I'VE BEEN FOCUSING MY ATTENTION ON THINGS LIKE WHAT TO TAKE, HOW TO PACK, ETC. AND THEN I SAW A COUPLE OF COMMENTS RE: THE "DOC DANCE" BUT THERE WAS NO EXPLANATION.

WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT?? WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR OUTSIDE AIR TRANSPORTATION ? I KNOW THERE IS A CONTRACT AND WE MUST READ THAT, BUT WHAT ELSE ARE WE TO CHECK. I AM GETTING A FEELING THAT THERE IS MORE TO THIS THAN WE IMAGINED.

WE ARE LEAVING ON THE DIAMOND PRINCESS IN SEPTEMBER AND SHOULD RECEIVE OUR PACKET SOMETIME IN AUGUST AND I WOULD LIKE TO BE INFORMED SO WE WOULD KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR.

YOUR EXPERTISE WILL BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

BAndrews
Sponsored Links
Old June 1st, 2006, 07:08 PM
Admiral

Hi Bandrews,

First of all DO NOT PANIC ! On our first cruise I had no idea these boards even existed and we had a wonderful time! (Cruising is even better now that I've found CM's!)

The "Doc Dance" is done when you receive your documents. You should get them out of your mailbox and dance around, waving them in the air, frightening your neighbors and your postal carrier !

Really, all you must have to cruise is your passport or your birth certificate and picture ID. It's nice to have the cruise lines “docs", but you can board without them! All you need is your booking number. Of course it's also good to have your clothes, etc., but not absolutely necessary !

Have a wonderful first (it won't be your last!) cruise,

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old June 1st, 2006, 08:00 PM
Passenger

Default "Doc" Dance

Hi,
I'm also a brand new cruiser and was wondering the same thing. I'd guessed it was bad and these people were griping about standing around on the dock waiting to board. I'm so happy it's a dance of good news!!
We are going to Alaska in July. Just got the bug and booked a cruise before even thinking about it. Now that's all I do is think about what I have done(lol).
gmann from Tennessee
Old June 1st, 2006, 10:28 PM
Beginner

Boarding is faster if you can go online and fill out some of the paperwork beforehand (passport info, etc )

Cruising is the way to travel. We will be leaving for #9 next month on Disney Magic.

Have a great trip!!!

Charles
Old June 2nd, 2006, 05:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default DOC DANCE?????

HI FERN,

I LOVE THIS WEB SITE CRUISEMATES ARE GREAT !!!

MY GOODNESS, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY. I REALLY THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE ONE OF THOSE LONG LEGAL, LOOK TO SEE IF " I'S AND T'S WERE ALL DOTTED AND CROSSED" THIS IS A RELIEF. IF THATS THE TYPE OF DANCE TO DO I CAN ASSURE YOU WE WILL BE DANCING 'TILL WE CAN'T. WE JUST CAN NOT WAIT. I KNOW OUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES ARE TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT OUR ALASKA CRUISE.

GMANN FROM TENNESSEE
YOU ARE SO RIGHT, THIS WILL BE A GOOD DANCE. ONE I DON'T MIND DOING AT ALL. I REALLY KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT TRYING TO STAY FOCUSED ON EVERYDAY STUFF (LIKE WORK) THIS IS ALL WE HAVE BEEN ABLE TO THINK ABOUT FOR MONTHS.

HAVE A GREAT CRUISE !!!!!

HI CLONGMIRE

VERY GOOD ADVISE. WE HAVE FILLED OUT ALL OF THE CRUISE PERSONILIZER, IMMIGRATION, CREDIT CARD INFO AND ALL OF THE OTHER QUESTIONS PRINCESS HAS ASKED FOR ON LINE, BUT WHAT WORRYS ME IS. ALL OF THE OTHER 3000 PASSENGERS HAVE DONE THE SAME THING, SO I'M WONDERING HOW MUCH WILL ALL THIS INFORMATION COUNT FOR WHEN IT COMES TIME TO BOARD. i SUSPECT THERE WILL BE LINES. AS LONG AS I'M NOT IN THE RAIN, I'm GOOD.

HAVE A GREAT CRUISE AND PLEASE POST TO CM WHEN YOU GET BACK.