Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 3rd, 2006, 12:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Panama Canal On The Regal - Sept 24th

Hi Everyone - sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been too busy on a non-cruise board

I posted on the MOB looking for others on our cruise. We are especially interested in others wanting to do a private tour out of Costa Rica, but would like to get the communication going. Gee! We're only a little over three months out!!!!

Shar
Sponsored Links
Old June 3rd, 2006, 02:21 PM
Passenger

Hi Shar
We met on the Island P. cruise last Jan. We are going on the Sun P. on 24 Sep out of Seattle to Ft Lauderdale. I too have been trying to figure out what to do in Puntarenas, CR. Checking on another board it seems most people use either Charlie Soto or Oscar Brown and are very pleased with both. We want to do a zip line but not sure if we want to do the complete tour they offer. I have sent off quite a few email requests for info on the zip lines but just haven't made up our minds on how we want to do it. Will keep checking your thread to see what info you can get. Good luck - enjoy your cruise.

Island Princess 1/6/06
Sapphire Princess 1/21/06
Sun Princess 9/17 & 9/24
Carnival Conquest 10/15/07
Golden Princess 3/20/07

Old June 4th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Hi Tina & Ken!

Hi Tina & Ken!

I've posted the URL for the tour that we're considering. The issue is to find at least two more people to go on it with us. We might just book it and accept the risk that we're paying for four people, no matter what.

I have no problem with hiking, but the effort to do zip lines doesn't fall under my list of "fun" things to do.

Last time we were in Costa Rica, we managed to book a tour with a wonderful naturalist who worked for a company called Swiss Travel. We can't find the company any more and I can't find his name. He picked us up at the port in an airconditioned van and took us to Carara (we really want to go back there) and then to the Caribbean Village hotel for lunch. I took a major fall in the hotel grounds and ended our tour - so we want to try again.

I'll post more as soon as I have more info.

http://www.costa-rica-puntarenas.com...ile_safari.php
Old June 6th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Look What I found!

I can't believe I found them! This is the agency we went through last time we were in Costa Rica. I haven't contacted them yet, but all things being equal - we'll definitely do our tour through them. 8)

http://www.swisstravelcr.com/
Old July 7th, 2006, 10:04 PM
Passenger

Keep the information coming!

We will be just behind you on the Coral Princess leaving LA on 9/28. I think our itineraries are almost the same. We have cruised to most of the Caribbean islands but this will be our first time to cruise on the West Coast so I am looking for tips on what to do at each port. Any advise will be much appreciated!
Old July 8th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Howdy!

Hi Songerl!

I sure will keep you posted. What ports are you going to?

Shar
Old July 9th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Port Tour Plans

Our tours are now "up" on the Princess.com board. Capt Ron and I discussed the options and have decided to stick with the Princess tours, and so, went ahead and booked several. Prices may be a little high (or way high in Central America) but the comfort issue won out.

Here's what we have so far:

In Cabo San Lucas - Chileno Bay Snorkeling ($64 ea) for 3 1/2 hours.
We haven't been into the Sea of Cortez and both love to snorkel

Acapulco - Historical Route of the Nation - ($54 ea) for 5 hours.
On our last trip, we took a tour to the Aztec ruins and this time decided to check out nearby villages and portions of the city.

Puntarenas (Costa Rica) - Carara/Villa Lapas Kingdom Nature Tour
($112 ea) don't remember the amount of time, but it's all day.
We've taken a private tour of Carara before and absolutely loved it. Villa Lapas is a great hotel/Inn, and worth a visit on it's own. This tour give you lunch there.

Puerto Corinto (Nicaragua) - Leon Viejo, Colonial Leon & Bubbling Mud Pots ($129 ea) 9 1/2 hours.
Never been here and we're looking forward to the vistas, volcanos, and old villages.

Puerto Quetzal (Guatemala) - Best of Colonial Antigua ($139 ea) 9 hours
Another village/volcano tour - never been here either.

Shar