Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 10th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default changing my seatg to sit w other new friends

Past cruises it seemed to be problem to invite someone to dine with you at your table and vice-versa. Sometimes,I enjoy the company of others rather than the ones assigned my table. I had to endure utter-chitchat onthe Princess and was bored out of my mind. I chose to dine at the buffet the rest of the cruise. I guess that's my gripe. They shouldn't give u a hard time because u would like to dine with other people.
Sponsored Links
Old June 10th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

[size=18]Princess now has Personal Choice dinning, that way you can eat with new friends or with anyone you want.[/

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 10th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Admiral

san007,

Past cruises it seemed to be problem to invite someone to dine with you at your table and vice-versa. Sometimes,I enjoy the company of others rather than the ones assigned my table. I had to endure utter-chitchat onthe Princess and was bored out of my mind. I chose to dine at the buffet the rest of the cruise. I guess that's my gripe. They shouldn't give u a hard time because u would like to dine with other people.

If you have traditional dining on Princess, or on any other line, there are several options.

>> 1. You and your new friends can ask the Maitre d' to seat you together. Note that both (or all) parties usually must make the request to avoid awkward situations created by mistaken signals that sometimes arise when a party is annoyed but overly polite.

>> 2. You can arrange to have dinner with your new friends in one or another of the "alternative dining" venues or specialty restaurants.

>> 3. As Donna pointed out, you can go to Anytime Dining with your new friends on all Princess ships except MV Pacific Princess, MV Tahitian Princess, the new MV Royal Princess, and MV Regal Princess.

If you decide not to go to your assigned seating for any reason, please have the courtesy to inform somebody of your decision.

>> It's rather inconsiderate to make your assigned tablemates, waiter, and assistant waiter delay the start of dinner because they don't know that you are not coming, even if it's only for one night.

>> It's also rather inconsiderate to your shipmates who are on the wait list for your seating of Traditional Dining to continue to block out somebody else if you decide to change permanently.

If you know a day in advance that you are going to alternative dining, inform your waiter and your tablemates. If you decide to do so after dinner the night before, try to send word to your waiter one way or another (telling a tablemate whom you encounter on deck is acceptable). If you intend the change to be permanent, though, you should notify the Maitre d'Hotel.

Norm.
Old June 11th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default thanx

thank u both. this was very informative. I will consider all advice on next cruise n sept 06