CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Tom & Mary-Movies Under The Stars-Caribbean Princess (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/315780-tom-mary-movies-under-stars-caribbean-princess.html)

Tom & Mary June 16th, 2006 11:43 AM

Tom & Mary-Movies Under The Stars-Caribbean Princess

Movies Under the Stars:
I had read quite a bit about Movies Under the Stars, a unique, innovative idea Princess has introduced on three of their ships and will also have it on the new Crown Princess that will sail a Caribbean itinerary out of the port of New York. The write-ups do not do it justice; it is a fabulous idea. If you’re a movie buff, run to the phone and call your agent as soon as you can and book a Princess ship that has this feature. I guarantee you will absolutely love it. The screen is unlike anything you or I have seen. It is a 300 sq. ft. screen, with a LED projection system that allows you to watch movies during bright sunlight the same as you do at night. You can view it from three decks. You can also view it while swimming, while relaxing in a hot tub, or cuddled up with your loved one under a blanket, while a waiter fetches you a drink and pop-corn. Tell me, how in the world can you beat that. They usually show four or five movies during the day and two first run movies at night, and fill in with concerts of famous entertainers like Tom Jones, Tina Turner and you name it and they have it. For movie buffs it’s worth the price of a cruise.

rollerdonna June 16th, 2006 10:44 PM

I agree Tom, we loved it too! If you'd like to see pictures, you can check my review, Caribbean Princess Part 6 on this page. We saw Tom Jones, and were so relaxed, we fell asleep!

donna

DianeT June 19th, 2006 11:46 AM

I have a question regarding the MUTS - when the movie or concert, etc. are showing does that mean everyone in that area (main pool area?) has no option but to listen or watch? I mean if you are reading a book and enjoying the sun and not interested in what's on the screen, it seems like that would be very distracting - and how loud is it anyway? Can the sound from the show be heard all over?

rollerdonna June 19th, 2006 10:32 PM

Yes, everyone can see and especially hear it, and the Tom Jones and Tina Turner shows we saw at night were EXTREMELY loud! However, during the day, there are 2 other, quieter pools to sit around, especially the one on the upper deck aft, quiet and lots of space.

donna

CruiseAholic June 27th, 2006 07:34 AM

I was a bit leary of it but absolutely loved it on the Caribbean Princess in May and on the Grand Princess just 2 weeks ago!

mehawk June 27th, 2006 08:30 AM

DF and I enjoyed the MUTS while on the Grand Princess. :D Even now, there are times that we will turn on the Grand's Bridge Cam just to catch a glimpse of it at night. :D :wink: