Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 18th, 2006, 01:52 AM
Admiral

Default Caribbean Princess Review, Final Part 12

Caribbean Princess Review, Part 12
Saturday, June 3, Going Home

Well, here we are on the last day, our cruise is over and we are waiting for disembarkation. A certain song keeps playing in my head. Bert sang it a couple times during the week, most recently just last night, and I keep hearing the refrain over and over. To the tune of "Sloop John B" by the Beach Boys, he'd sing "I'm having such a good time, I don't wanna go home..." He had written some pretty clever and funny lyrics to the whole song, but that chorus kept repeating all day, all the way home!
We were really going to miss this guy!

Disembarkation from the Caribbean Princess was much like their embarkation process; quick, efficient, orderly and completely painless. There was a short wait in the comfortable Explorer's Lounge until our colour tags were called, then it was off the ship and through Customs in no time. It was the same with the tendering process to Princess Cays the day before, so incredibly organized and efficient that you hardly noticed you were waiting. Kudos once again to Princess for their efficiency.

Overall, we rated the Caribbean Princess our favourite cruise so far. There were so many pluses they far outweighed any minuses. The minuses were few; some not-so-talented singers and dancers in the main shows, a pool band that wasn't very in tune most of the time, some smoke-filled bars and lounges, but these were all things that could be avoided. We had some noise above our cabin from the busy Lido deck (running footsteps, scraping chairs and tables, etc), but hardly worth losing any sleep over!
On the other hand, the pluses were many; a stellar crew who really knew how to show us a good time, friendly helpful and smiling staff all around, excellent waiters, teriffic room steward, fantastic food both in the dining room and the buffets, an incredibly smooth ride with minimal rocking or noticeable movement, great shore excursions, a clean and beautiful ship, excellent organization and service all around, and last but not least, the World's Greatest Performer, Bert Stratton! The Caribbean Princess is lucky to have him!

While looking for photos to end this review, I found one I forgot to post from Princess Cays that says it all:

Do we look happy? Do we look relaxed? Do we look like we're having a great time? Do we look like we love cruising? Do we look like we LOVE the Caribbean Princess?

"We're having such a good time, we don't wanna go home....!"

THE END

donna
Old June 18th, 2006, 08:32 PM
Admiral

Hi Donna,

I've loved all of your reviews! I knew you'd love Princess. Our Princess cruise was the best! It really had less to do with the ports, the ship, the food, etc., but with the STAFF! They were always upbeat and happy, never made us feel like we were "bothering" them with questions or just saying "Hi". As you can see below, we tried NCL (we like Anytime Dining), but we just didn't get the same "feeling" as we did on Princess.

Come with us on Sun Princess in November !

Love the Princess Cays pic! You and James look so relaxed!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old June 18th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default CP

Me too!
Old June 19th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Admiral

so glad that you and James had a great time! I knew that you would love Princess.
Old June 20th, 2006, 12:32 AM
Beginner

Default Great Review

Donna,

Very enjoyable and very informative review. My wife and I will be on the sister ship, Crown Princess, in July for the Western Caribbean Itinerary out of Brooklyn and the info in your review of what we might expect aboard that vessel, albeit the sister ship, is priceless.

Thanks,
Cousin Brucie
New Jersey

Celebrity Meridian/ Bermuda/ 1992
Celebrity Infinity/ Alaska/ 2003
Crown Princess/ Getting very close
Old June 21st, 2006, 01:22 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Great Review!!

As a person getting ready for my first cruise, let me tell you how much I enjoyed your review. Thank you for taking so much time and effort to make it so complete. I have been reading it over and over again. Whenever i make a big decision, i go through a period where i wonder if i did the right thing. Well, we will be sailing on October 21-28 on the CP, and your review makes me realize that I made the right decision. The only problem now, is the more I come on these boards, the more excited i get. I am taking alot of crap from my friends, because prior to booking my cruise, I spent much of my free time on our AHL Hockey team's web site. I am a rabid fan, and don't miss a game. One of the players that I am friends with e-mailed me and said " I can't believe you are going on a cruise during hockey season"!!
Old June 22nd, 2006, 12:38 AM
Admiral

lorriv20, thank you for the thank you! Don't worry about cruising during hockey season, there is a sports bar/cigar bar on board where you can watch games, as well, sometimes sports are shown on the MUTS screen, although I've only actually seen soccer so far..
And you are entitled to get as excited as you want - you're going on a CRUISE!!

donna
Old June 27th, 2006, 09:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Sports

Donna,
On the C.P. there was suppose to be a boxing match on the t.v. in the sports bar where you can smoke cigars called the Churchhill Lounge. The room was packed and everyone was watching another game on t.v. I don't remember what it was. The cigar smoke was a deterrent for me. The guys seemed to have a great time.
Old June 27th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Admiral

We are very happy to see that you and yours had a great time

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.