Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 9th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Passenger

Default We're Booked: Star Princess 11/6

Well, even though I didn't get many replies to my inquiry, after lot of exhaustive research, my husband and I finally decided to go ahead and book our anniversary cruise w/ Princess.

We will depart Ft Lauderdale on 11/6 for a 5 day cruise on Star Princess. We "splurged" a little and got ourselves a balcony room and found a nice mid-ship cabin for ourselves.

We are sooooo excited -- now to await the Doc Dance

I guess I'll hang out here to pass the time, if you all don't mind!!
Sponsored Links
Old July 13th, 2006, 09:42 PM
First Mate

Congrats! You're going to love the balcony!

We were supposed to go on the Star 4/1, but were cancelled due to the fire. We were on the Star a couple of years ago. Great ship! I love the grand class ships. They are our favorites (so far anyway). I haven't heard much since it went back in service, but I'm sure it is as beautiful as it was.

We've found that the service, food, entertainment was pretty consistently great on all of the Princess ships we've been on (Golden, Grand, Star, Coral).

We're going on the Caribbean Princess 11/5...can't wait!

Enjoy!
Old July 14th, 2006, 08:39 AM
First Mate

You've picked a great ship for your first cruise. Your only big mistake is not choosing a longer cruise!
Old July 14th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Passenger

Thanks NanaShrek -- enjoy your trip too!

Rick -- this isn't my first cruise at all! It's my first on Princess, but I've cruised Carnival three times.

We'd love to do a longer trip, but our daughter is just two and we've not been away from her for longer than a weekend, so we're already stretching ourselves a bit. Next time

We got our confirmation in the mail today -- any idea why they'd send two copies of the same thing but in two different envelopes?

And made another payment today too -- only one more to go

Can't wait -- and am daydreaming all the time!!
Old July 14th, 2006, 05:32 PM
First Mate

They send two copies because they might be two different names sharing the same cabin. I don't know why they can't read.
Old July 18th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Passenger

We also received 2 confirmations. Likely one for each passenger. Not to worry....you will have a delightful time! My husband and I are about your age, and we sailed princess for the first time last year and loved it! I'm glad to hear you got the balcony!!! It's worth the extra for sure!!
Old July 18th, 2006, 07:04 PM
First Mate

We were on the Star last Feb & had a balcony. It was the very front cabin aloha deck just below the bridge. It's a great ship & I think I'll look around for another deal for the end of this year. The pool in the front of the ship is actually the best one for relaxing. It's not to deep, heated & no loud music + you can swim against the current. Real neat.