Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 19th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Passenger

Default 7/22 Crown: Safety & New Itin. Are you going?

We are really torn. Anyone out there still going? Taking the 50% discount or all you just planning to go to Atlantic City and go to the movies?
Rachel
Sponsored Links
Old July 20th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

I'm not booked on it, but if it were me, I'd still go. Sure you might lose an island or two, but its still vacation.

Some people are freaking over the incident which is understandable. But its an isolated incident. It's like saying you are never going to fly again when you experienced bad turbulence in a plane.

Go on the vacation, enjoy yourselves & have a blast! Remember - its not the trip, its the adventure!
Old July 20th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Admiral

Rachel,

We are really torn. Anyone out there still going? Taking the 50% discount or all you just planning to go to Atlantic City and go to the movies?

I'm with Cassandra on this. So far, this incident appears to be a freak occurrance and the U. S. Coast Guard is on top of it. In fact, the ship was probably infested with Coast Guard inspectors looking over every nut, bolt, wire, and solder joint of the steering system and the autopilot and interviewing the Master and the officers who were on watch while they were still evacuating the injured passengers and crew upon the ship's arrival in Port Canaveral after the incident. If there were any indication of anything that's fundamentally unsafe, the U. S. Coast Guard would not allow the ship to leave a U. S. port with passengers embarked. You also can be sure that there will be a thorough critique of the incident before the ship's departure from Port Canaveral and that the ship's officers will know exactly what went wrong and how to ensure that it does not happen again. It may take a couple days to disseminate that information to the rest of the fleet and a week or two to disemminate it to other cruise lines.

Norm.
Old July 20th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Passenger

Rachel,

I called Princess this morning to inquire about prices even though I am booked on another Princess cruise on Aug 12th. I would have NO reservations about cruising on Crown on 7/22. Princess is my favorite line.

Many time cruiser...

Funship