Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 19th, 2006, 08:21 PM
Beginner

Default Dancing on Dawn Princess

Can anyone out there tell me how many dance floors there are on Dawn Princess and if they are of a reasonable size?
Sponsored Links
Old July 19th, 2006, 10:36 PM
Admiral

kiwichook,

Can anyone out there tell me how many dance floors there are on Dawn Princess and if they are of a reasonable size?

MV Dawn Princess has at least four dance floors.

>> The Wheelhouse Bar has a very good dance floor of reasonable size. AFAIK, it still has two combos that play live music for dancing. In my experience, one of the combos usually played a very good selectoin and the other often played a "so-so" selection.

>> The Horizon Court also has a decent dance floor. There was a band there originally for casual entertainment, but it fell fictim to the parent company's "cost cutting programme" about five years ago. I have also seen this dance floor used for dance classes on the ships of this class.

>> The disco has a dance floor and a DJ "after hours."

>> There's also a decent dance floor in the Vista Lounge. AFAIK, the show band there still plays music for dancing for about half an hour before the show.

My last cruise on a ship of this class was four years ago, so some of the music may have changed.

Norm.