Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 21st, 2006, 02:32 PM
Beginner

Default LAX transfers

My husband and I have booked a Hawaiian cruise on the Island Princess for Oct. 6th. Can anyone recommend a reliable taxi/shuttle service for 2 from LAX to San Pedro. Our plane comes in very early and we do not wish to wait for the Princess shuttle bus. Or is anyone taking this trip want to share a private van?? 8)
Sponsored Links
Old July 21st, 2006, 07:54 PM
Admiral

Super Shuttle is quite good! Or you could fly into Long Beach airport and take a cab for a little less money. Plus Long Beach is a very small airport and easy to navigate. I guess it depends from what city you are arriving.
Old July 21st, 2006, 08:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Prime Time Shuttle is also very good and you should be able to get a quote and make a reservation on line.
Old July 22nd, 2006, 12:25 AM
Admiral

Barbara,

My husband and I have booked a Hawaiian cruise on the Island Princess for Oct. 6th. Can anyone recommend a reliable taxi/shuttle service for 2 from LAX to San Pedro. Our plane comes in very early and we do not wish to wait for the Princess shuttle bus. Or is anyone taking this trip want to share a private van??

Do as you wish, but be aware that the cruise ship terminal in San Pedro is not exactly near the airport. There's a narrow strip of land along the Harbor Freeway between several 'burbs on both sides that connects San Pedro to the rest of the city of Los Angeles. The transfer typically takes an hour or more, via freeway, due to distance and traffic. If you arrange your own transfers, they probably will not be inexpensive.

Norm.
Old July 23rd, 2006, 06:00 PM
Beginner

Thanks to all for the imformation. I spoke with Princess and the transfers begin at 6:30 AM. The one other cruise we had taken with transfers out of LAX didn't start until 9:00 AM and by the time we got a bus that wasn't full it was about 11:00 AM. Since our flight arrives at 7:30 AM this can be quite a wait. Since I have priced the shuttles with Super Shuttle and Primetime, I won't be afraid to spend a little more if it happens again.
Old July 24th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

We were fortunate that our January 2006 Island Princess cruise to Hawaii departed on a Saturday. We flew in the day before, stayed at the Airport Marriott (reserved thru Princess), and Princess did the transfers to/from the ship. It was a very satisfactory arrangement.
Because it was a Saturday, our ride to the pier was only about 20 minutes. We were surprised at the short bus ride. Our transfer bus left the hotel about 1:30 PM and we were at the pier well before 2 PM.
1/06 Island Princess - Hawaii
2/07 Sea Princess - Southern Caribbean
11/07 Golden Princess - Mexican Riviera
3/08 Diamond Princess - Hawaii
11/9/08 Tahitan Princess - Tahiti & French Polynesia

Booked cruises:
9/13/09 Star Princess - Alaska
3/14/10 Golden Princess - Hawaii