Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 22nd, 2006, 09:23 AM
Beginner

Default College Fjord viewing?

Hi,
I will be on Coral Princess and the time entering College Fjord is 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm. At which point is the main preview to view the Glacier at Colleg Fjord? Is it a good view at the begining or at the end?

I have first Traditonal Seating at 6:00 pm, I wonder if I finish the dinner and be out viewing by 7 pm will I missed out a lot of the views? Any suggestions, shuld I find other dinning for that day?

HoneyBunny.
Sponsored Links
Old July 22nd, 2006, 07:57 PM
Beginner

What time are you scheduled to enter College Fjord? We sailed on Sapphire Princess in May and entered the Fjord around 6 am--we were done in a couple of hours.

Enjoy your cruise--the scenery was wonderful!

Joan D.
Fairfax VA
Old July 22nd, 2006, 10:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default College fjord

Honey: Check with the Purser's Desk. My experience was also a morning viewing - you will see quite a few glaciers and I personally wouldn't want to miss the whole experience by being in the dining room. Don't miss it!!

Shar
Old July 23rd, 2006, 11:52 AM
Familiar Face

You must be embarking in Vancouver. I wouldn't miss College Fjord because of dinner. I would either go to Horizon Court or do specialty dining that night.

Kathy
Old July 24th, 2006, 09:24 PM
First Mate

Default Re: College Fjord viewing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBunny
Hi,
I will be on Coral Princess and the time entering College Fjord is 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm. At which point is the main preview to view the Glacier at Colleg Fjord? Is it a good view at the begining or at the end?

I have first Traditonal Seating at 6:00 pm, I wonder if I finish the dinner and be out viewing by 7 pm will I missed out a lot of the views? Any suggestions, shuld I find other dinning for that day?

HoneyBunny.
Good evening, You're obviously sailing the northbound voyage...and I would skip the dining room that evening; the viewing is too good to miss, and takes most of your time there as there are ''viewables'' for about 75% of the ships' time in College Fjords. Horizon Buffet is the place to be on that class of ship.
I've done Island Princess, its sister ship, on that route. You'll LOVE it.

Happy sailings
Cheers

Claude G

Nest up: CENTURY June'08....B2B Norwegian Fjords/Artic/NorthCape & Scandinavia/Russia

TIME TO BOARD YET ??
CLAUDE G