Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 30th, 2006, 03:01 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Do U think dozens of lawsuits and high fuel cost will damage

Do u think dozens or more lawsuits and high fuel cost will damage the cruise industry; esp. Carnival. I am afraid the lawsuits are brewing. Everybody wants a piece of Carnival since the recent incident on Crown Princess. I've read many are seeking legal presentation. It wasn't enough that the cruiseline offered 50% off there cruise and a full refund. We as cruise lovers or fanatics will have to pay the cost of the frivalous lawsuits in addition to the legitmate ones.
The high fuel cost alone is damaging the cruise industry. How much longer could they continue to sell the cruises at fantastic prices. 4nt All-Inclusive cruise for 199.00. You see my point. Don't stress yourself about this but look at the bigger picture.

Sponsored Links
Old July 30th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Cruise Maniac

Since I am also a cruise lover (don't know that I'd go as far as fanatic), I too am concerned about the financial implications for us cruisers. Most of us are aware of the the litiginous society we live in, and I, for one, expect there will be a rush of lawsuits related to the Crown incident. Despite refunds and reduced pricing on a future cruise, some money-oriented people will see this as an opportunity to grab some big bucks from corporate America. So I anticipate that Carnival Corp. will be putting out a lot of money, which will most likely affect the fares we have to pay down the road.
I wouldn't let higher fares keep me from cruising, but it might affect the frequency.
1/06 Island Princess - Hawaii
2/07 Sea Princess - Southern Caribbean
11/07 Golden Princess - Mexican Riviera
3/08 Diamond Princess - Hawaii
11/9/08 Tahitan Princess - Tahiti & French Polynesia

Booked cruises:
9/13/09 Star Princess - Alaska
3/14/10 Golden Princess - Hawaii
Old July 31st, 2006, 03:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

They can try, but most cases are settled out of court. The court fees are just too high for most people to afford, the lengthy time of representation, etc.

I can't understand why those idiots would try & sue. Their cruise was OVER for god's sake! They had 2 seas & that's it.

Most of those people either had personal medical insurance or insurance through trip insurance. So if their medical bills were paid either through their own insurance, purchased insurance or the cruise line picked it up, then none of them have a leg to stand on in my opinion & are trying to scam a buck through the cruise line.

I wonder if same people would attempt to sue the airlines if they hit a pocket of air & plummeted 1500 feet?