Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 2nd, 2006, 08:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Average age of Princess guests

I was reading a review that stated the average age of a Princess guest is 60 years old. Is this true? My DW and I are 40 and enjoy the company of all age groups. However our 21 and 22 year old daughters may feel out of place on the Golden Princess when we sail from New Orleans in December.

What kind of music do they play in Skywalkers? We've been on Carnival and found the mix of age to be great. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Carnival Conquest Oct. 2006
Carnival Conquest Nov. 2005
Sponsored Links
Old August 2nd, 2006, 10:04 PM
Admiral

I don't know if it's 60. It is older than Carnival but there are fewer drunks staggering down the halls too. The age depends in large part on the length of the cruise and the timing of it. the longer the cruise the more expensive, and the older the crowd. Older guests that raise the average gravitate to cruises of 14 days or more. If it is a holiday, more young people etc. There should be plenty of music for both the forty somethings and the twenty somethings. It's not gonna be Lawrence Welk/

Polynesia, Carib. '86
Cr. Odyssey, Scandinavia, '91, 30 Day S Pac. 2002
Crystal Harm, Aust., N.Z., '94
Royal Odyssey, AK,'96
Old Cr. Pr. Canal, '97
RCCL, Carib, 1998
Volendam, Car, 2000
Ryndam, 35 day S. Am., Antarctica, '03
Is. Pr., Canal, 2004
Statendam, 34 day China, Japan, AK '06
Cr.Pr., Carib. 08
Eurodam, Atlantic, Med. '10
Golden Princess
Old August 3rd, 2006, 06:08 AM
Administrator
Admiral

It really depends on the cruise you are going on. If you are going on a seven day Caribbean cruise you will have people in their twenties on up. On ten day cruise and longer the demographic will be older. It also depends on when you cruise. If you cruise during Spring and Summer you will come across more families.

If you are in your forties you will be fine.

The music will be a mix of everything from the swing, disco, soft rock, jazz and country. You won't hear rap or hard rock.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 3rd, 2006, 10:46 AM
Admiral

You will find a wide age range on the Golden Princess. If you are traveling during school break you will find plenty of famlies with school aged kids and teens. I would say that the median age for adults is mid 40's
As for Skywalker's the DJ when we sailed on the Golden seemed to be playing a lot of techo-funk type music, they do have theme nights in the disco.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 01:23 PM
Admiral

iamblking,

I was reading a review that stated the average age of a Princess guest is 60 years old. Is this true? My DW and I are 40 and enjoy the company of all age groups. However our 21 and 22 year old daughters may feel out of place on the Golden Princess when we sail from New Orleans in December.

The mean, or statistical center, of a distribution of ages is a very small part of the story. The standard deviation measures the statistical spread, or width, of the distribution is, yet very seldom gets published in this context, and even those two values would not say much about the shape of the distribution. The mean, by itself, is pretty meaningless.

In my experience (thirteen cruises on Princess), Princess seems to attract many passengers of all ages. Also, cruises of about seven nights tend to appeal to young adults and families whose financial resources tend to be more limited than those of older passengers. Your daughters probably will find other "twenty-something" adults onboard.

What kind of music do they play in Skywalkers?

Princess's DJ's tend to play the typcial mix that one finds in most discos.

The ship also has two combos that play live music for dancing from 5:00 PM to 1:00 AM in the Wheelhouse Bar. In my experience, one combo usually is outstanding and the other may range from mediocre to very good.

Norm.