Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 4th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Passenger

Default Just Booked Our First Cruise

HI All,

Hubby and I just booked our very first cruise for April 2008 on Crown Princess. We were initially going to go on the Carnival Destiny, but figured for an additional $200 pp we'd much rather be on this brandy new ship.

I'm going to look around the Princess forum and find out all that I can about this line.

Please let me know your favorite part of sailing on Princess.

Thanks,

Sheila
Sponsored Links
Old August 4th, 2006, 08:59 PM
Admiral

Hi Shelia,

Welcome to Cruisemates!

We love cruising Princess. Our favorite part of Princess is the "Anytime Dining". We can eat when we want and with whomever we want, or we can eat alone. We mostly ask to be seated with others and have met a lot of interesting people.

The Princess staff also seems to be more friendly. Our best room steward ever was on our Grand Princess cruise.

IMO, Princess is a "small" step up from Carnival.

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful cruise!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old August 5th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

My favorite part of cruising on Princess is the 24 hour Horizon Court and the fresh water pools. Princess offers a nice relaxing cruise, lovely ships, have a great time!

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 5th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Passenger

I've been educating myself through these boards. We're very excited, now to wait this long wait.

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Sheila
Old August 6th, 2006, 08:06 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Welcome Aboard

Sheila,
If you are looking for a relaxing, enjoyable vacation you have the right cruise company in mind. Did you reserve a balcony? I found the balcony to be heavenly. I could sit out there and feel the stress from my day to day life slipping away while breathing the fresh salt air.
Old August 6th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Welcome Aboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.J. Keen
Did you reserve a balcony?

Yes, we are booked on a balcony on the Aloha deck.

CAN"T WAIT!!!!
Old August 6th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Passenger

Yes you are on the right cruise line! Like B.J. Keen we love to be on the balcony to relax. The Morning coffee was so great, room service had it on time each morning and if you are on the other side of the ship, sunset was made to relax by. Our 9th Princess Cruise will be in Jan/07 and we are looking dorward to as if it was our 1st (maybe even more) Make the best of it, you'll fine that one thing that brings you back each time.
Old August 17th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

We JUST JUST JUST this second booked on the Crown Princess for July 14/07 for our 25th wedding anniversary. OMG I'm so excited I can hardly stay in my seat. (TA called me while I was sitting here, answered my final questions, and I went for it!).

Like another poster, I had been thinking about booking Carnival, mostly because we are already going on a CC for next March and I thought another would be great for our celebration. Oh geesh - this means we're double cruise booked! Woohoo!! Anyway, I just felt some hesitation over booking the Carnival Legend one and couldn't figure out why - no particular reason - and then when I saw the itinerary on the PC, well I just knew this was the one!

Oh so excited. Have to go and jump up and down with dh!

Kim

Old August 17th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Just Booked Our First Cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandc4e
I'm going to look around the Princess forum and find out all that I can about this line.

Please let me know your favorite part of sailing on Princess.
Congratulations on your booking. The excitement is there everytime I book! The Princess ships are incredibly beautiful. My recommendation to you is to keep a journal, starting now. You will read so many good ideas that you will want to remember. Be sure to check all the boards, not just Princess, because the ideas are great. Have fun and I look forward to your questions.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old August 18th, 2006, 08:46 AM
Admiral

congratulations! you will love Princess, feel free to ask a whole lot of questions, we love to help out the newbies.
Old August 18th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Well speaking of newbies (i.e., me) I did something a tad dopey today I think. We had booked a guarantee cat BC on the Crown. Then I went looking further at the cabins and I THOUGHT it said that the BCs were 168 sq.ft. When I looked at the next level up (BB and BD) I THOUGHT they said 273 to 275 sq. ft. What I neglected to notice was that it said "including the balcony" thereby making both categories the same size.

So I email my TA and tell her that I want to upgrade to the next level - either BB or BD cause they are both the same price and after she confirms my change and the increased price, she tells me that I now have a firm cabin number. She tells me I'm on the Riviera deck (#502 mid ship right beside the penthouse suite). Assures me it's a good location. So, (still in newbie mode) off I go to the deck plans to locate my cabin and click on it, just to discover what I should have read the first time.

Geesh. My stupidity cost me another $86 for my cruise. Not a huge price to pay I guess but more than anything I feel a bit foolish. Sure hope this firm cabin number is a better bet than anything Princess would have assigned me. Can't help thinking that I might have gotten this anyway because the first one was for "Cat BC or higher". Live and learn!

Kim
Old August 19th, 2006, 07:56 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Just Booked Our First Cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2gonow
My recommendation to you is to keep a journal, starting now. You will read so many good ideas that you will want to remember.
What a GREAT idea! I've been bouncing between this board and the other BIG one (don't know if I am suppose to mention other sites) and I'm learning so much.

I'm getting acclimated with the Crown without even stepping foot on her yet. I'm going to give myself a little time before I even begin to think about excursions, but that will be another fun adventure all in itself.

Thank you all!

Sheila
Old August 20th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Captain

Welcome to the "pre-cruise" excitement! :-)

Researching, reading, talking about cruising is all part of the process, I think!

You'll enjoy Princess, my favorite cruise line! I cruise with them the most but I'm open to other cruise lines, too!

Enjoy the planning and ask away if you have any questions, we love to talk cruising!
Old August 20th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

I'm constantly online reading and researching for our cruises that we have booked. It hypes me up big time and just builds and builds the excitement for me.

When I try to tell dh though he gets a bit upset and me and tells me not to tell him everything and "spoil" all the surprises in store. I can understand that to a degree, but I think in the end, he's going to be happy that I did my homework once he realizes I've scouted out the best excursions, for the best prices, and when he asks "hmmmm wonder what or where?" questions once on the ships and I know the answers for him, he'll be happy I did.

Kim
Old August 20th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Passenger

Kim, looks like your room Rivera 502 is directly under the pool area. I have never stayed on Rivera but you might want to do some research on how noisy it is in these rooms. I have heard on these posts that some people complain of moving chairs above them when the staff cleans the pool areas. Others say this is a convenient deck and they like the sound of the music from above and could sleep just fine. Depending upon your personality (get annoyed at little noises?) you might prefer the Baja deck, like you were originally considering.

Also if you want to make sure your room is set, you can go onto the cruisepersonalizer at princess.com, just use your princess booking number (your TA should have given this to you) and it will tell you what room you are assigned to.

Best of luck and you'll enjoy your cruise no matter what!!
Old August 22nd, 2006, 04:23 PM
Passenger

We're assigned Room A402, this looks like a decent room to me. Anyone have any ideas about this room or suggestions for another?

Thanks,

Sheila
Old August 22nd, 2006, 07:39 PM
Admiral

Hi Shelia,

Aloha 402 looks like a great cabin to me! You're between two passenger decks (no noise) and near both the forward and amidships lifts. I think you got a wonderful cabin!

Have a great cruise!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old September 10th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default CP

I have sailed on the CP. She is a beautiful ship. I found the much needed rr while cruising with her. The food was wonderful and the service unbelievable. The waiter and asst. waiter refilled my glass as soon as it was half empty at dinner.

Email me with any questions and I will try to answer them.

peachyke1@yahoo.com

I hope your cruise is as fantastic as mine was.
Old September 10th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Cruise Maniac

My husband is a travel agent,we have a group booked on the Crown in November and were given the opportunity to view the ship. If you'd like to see some pictures of the ship, take a look:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...AcuGjds2csmL6Y
Old September 19th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Beginner

Default Crown Princess

You will love the Crown Princess. We have taken 6 Princess Cruises and had a ball on all of them. A cruise is what you make of it. Don't miss out on the activities onboard ship..even the ones that seem a little cheesy turn out to be fun when
Old September 19th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Passenger

can't wait - i'm reading so many wonderful things and reviewing everyone's pictures.

Thanks for the support.

Sheila
Old September 22nd, 2006, 02:34 PM
Passenger

Hi Sheila.....You will love Princess! We were on the Dawn Princess last October and had a wonderful time! My husband and I are cruising on the Crown Princess in 16 days! I can't wait! Will tell you all about it when we get back!

Crown Princess......16 days and counting!