I will try to do a blow-by-blow review this weekend. For now just some observations and tidbits.
- The liter of booze is no longer available from the bar or room service for in-room comsumption. On the room service menu you can get 350ml + coke/mix for $15 + 15%. A bartender said that the Golden stopped this 2 months ago "because of people falling overboard".
- Dress code was a joke. They did not enfore it. There were shorts, jeans, T-shirts, and tennis shoes at diner - EVEN ON THE FORMAL NIGHTS.
- You can order from the dining room menu by just asking room service for a menu. This was for any meal. Just tip if you so desire.
- The ships is being fitted with balcony heat/ fire sensors and water spray units. They were not complete as the crew did the work on port days.
- Balcony chair cushions are brought into the cabin at turndown each night.
- Hand cleaning dispensors were everywhere. Upon boarding the ship for the first time and after each port vist, you were required to used them. I would guess that 75% of the folks used them before entering the dining room and about 25% used them at the Horizon Court.
- Internet cost 35 cents/minute. Hotspots are in the compter room and in the atrium on deck 7. It is not available in the cabins.