Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 20th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Passenger

Default Can we take a "Box of wine" onboard the Island?

We're going on the Island Princess this fall. I've read we can bring 1 bottle of wine aboard (per person), but does anyone know if we can bring a box of wine aboard?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old August 21st, 2006, 09:10 PM
Passenger

I haven't heard from anyone about this. I don't mean a whole case of wine, I mean one "Black Box" of wine. (It's actually pretty good) There are about 2 litres of wine in the box.

Thanks!
Old August 21st, 2006, 11:23 PM
Beginner

You should not have any trouble taking a box of wine on board. Put it in a decorative bag and walk right on. I carried six bottles on to the Island last Nov. in a carboard wine carrier, no problen. Enjoy the wine and the cruise, Hawaai I presume. In Hilo I picked four bottle for the trip home.
Old August 23rd, 2006, 09:51 AM
Admiral

your best bet would be to have your TA find out for you. I really don't think that one box per person would cause any problems, will the box fit thru the security scanner? same size as the ones at the airport, if not you will have to throw a baggage tag on it and put it with your checked baggage, which isn't a bad idea.
Old August 25th, 2006, 10:41 PM
Passenger

I took 7 bottles of wine and champaign on board the island Princess this summer, no problem they were all in our luggage and cary-on. In addition, our travel agent (AAA) sent us 2 bottles of champagne to our room shortly after we got into the room. Those were delivered with 2 champagne glasses as well!
Old August 30th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Beginner

I was wondering the same thing - we are leaving on 9/30 aboard the Caribbean Princess and would like to take a few bottles of wine with us. With the tighter airport security and luggage restrictions - do you think we will have any problem carefully wrapping the bottles and stowing them in our checked baggage? Does the cruiseline security go through the bags looking for things such as this?
Old August 31st, 2006, 09:26 AM
Admiral

Pgh - Princess allows you bring aboard as a carry-on a resonable amount of wine or champagne, they won't flinch at one or two bottles per person. With the tighter airline restrictions your best bet would be to buy your wine in port before you board the ship, you don't want to risk your wine breaking in your suitcases and ruining everything.
Old September 4th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Beginner

I'd like to bring a case of champagne! Wonder if I'll have to "hide" it in my checked luggage?
Old September 5th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Admiral

FRSFCA- yes, you would most likely have to hide and smuggle aboard a case of champagne.
Old September 7th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Beginner

Just return from the Coral Princess and we carried a box of Corbell Canyon in my checked bag. No problem. This is the 2nd time I have done this and no problem. Place it in the middle of bag, clothes on bottom and top, or use your beach towel. Fits perfectly in the fridge. But remember one thing, one that size weighs about 7 lbs, so weigh your bags before going to the airport. If not flying, then no probelm just carrying it on. The last 2 Princess cruises I could have carried more on from the ports. I do not even recall a table set up to take what you might have purchased in the port.