Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 23rd, 2006, 05:58 PM
Passenger

Default I am a member of 3 sites now.....

I presently belong to what I call the top three sites and cruisemates is my second choice. If you want to change try to give more detailed answers when we ask a question in the "Ask the Staff' section.

I truly beleive on some issues the members give more details that the staff does.

Not trying to tear anything down just offering advice so you can become # 1 instead of #2 in my book.

Don
Sponsored Links
Old August 23rd, 2006, 08:08 PM
Admiral

Hi Don,

I think I understand what you're saying. All of the sites have different "dynamics". I prefer CM's because, IMHO, 99.9% of the people here are nice. If I'm not wrong , your first choice sometimes has more info, but a lot of the people there are "rude".

I've seen new people ask a simple question "over there" and get shot down or called "stupid"! They also keep moving posts around so much that I sometimes can't keep up!

I like that the "Ask The Staff" board here can be answered by any of us! I hope you'll post your answers there if you can help! IMO, CM's is "run" by the members, not the staff (unless there's a questionable post ), which makes it "our" site .

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old August 26th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default dawcruiser

I agree with you - this site is my 2nd choice. The one I consider my favorite is much more vigorous. Yes there are a few rude know-it-alls who singe newbies asking questions that have been asked before. But there are so many more topics covered on their boards with many more responses than from CM and other sites. I've only cruised 3 times so far, but I have learned so much from all of these sites. I'm really glad they exist.
And the vast majority of posters on "that other site" are very nice and helpful.
Sorry CM fans. My intention is not to put this site down. Just expressing MHO.
1/06 Island Princess - Hawaii
2/07 Sea Princess - Southern Caribbean
11/07 Golden Princess - Mexican Riviera
3/08 Diamond Princess - Hawaii
11/9/08 Tahitan Princess - Tahiti & French Polynesia

Booked cruises:
9/13/09 Star Princess - Alaska
3/14/10 Golden Princess - Hawaii
Old August 27th, 2006, 10:46 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern
Hi Don,

I think I understand what you're saying. All of the sites have different "dynamics". I prefer CM's because, IMHO, 99.9% of the people here are nice. If I'm not wrong , your first choice sometimes has more info, but a lot of the people there are "rude".

I've seen new people ask a simple question "over there" and get shot down or called "stupid"! They also keep moving posts around so much that I sometimes can't keep up!

I like that the "Ask The Staff" board here can be answered by any of us! I hope you'll post your answers there if you can help! IMO, CM's is "run" by the members, not the staff (unless there's a questionable post ), which makes it "our" site .
Please don't miss understand me. I truly like this site. I agree the people here are normally nicer. I have seen once or twice when I thought a staff member got a little too curt. But in general this is a nice site. But the actuvity level is low. I check the site(s) normally twice a day after I ook a cruise seeking current information. Sometimes I post a question and don't get any response. On the other site I often get a "read another post it has already been answered, dumby reply", but I rarely ever don't get some knd of reply.

I only posted this in the first place because I understand the CM has been sold and they are looking to improve it. These are not complaints but just suggestions. I register my real complaints by not visiting sites which make me mad.

Just my thoughts,

Don
Old August 28th, 2006, 07:06 PM
Admiral

Hi Don,

Quote:
On the other site I often get a "read another post it has already been answered, dumby reply", but I rarely ever don't get some knd of reply.
Just what I was talking about ! I've tried the "search" function there and am not at all surprised that people ask the same questions over and over.

Just out of curiousity, where have you posted here that you haven't gotten an answer? I don't read everything here , but would be glad to try to answer any questions you have.

Quote:
I only posted this in the first place because I understand the CM has been sold and they are looking to improve it. These are not complaints but just suggestions.
Good idea! Maybe there should be a "How can we improve this site?" thread !

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014