Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 29th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Beginner

Default PRINCESS AIR FARE FOR ALASKA? NEED YOUR OPINION.

HI,

WHAT IS YOUR OPINION? SHOULD I BOOK WITH PRINCESS FOR THE ALASKA CRUISE AIRFARE IF I CAN GET IT PERSONALIZED?
Sponsored Links
Old August 29th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Passenger

Not sure where you are flying from but we used frequent flyer points and booked our own airfare. One thing that we did find out that it was easier/(maybe cheaper if paying) to book a roundtrip fare as opposed to segments if travelling one way(Vancouver to Anchorage) on your Alaska Cruise.
Have a great day;
Old August 30th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Beginner

Default alaska air

We are flying from JFK to Alaska. Every fare I have checked on my own is more than Princess. Is this possible?
Old August 30th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Just be sure that if you go with the Princess air package and do a deviation, that by going with them and after the additional charges for that isn't cheaper than doing it on your own.

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 1st, 2006, 07:16 AM
Captain

I would not recommend using the cruiselines air package. You can usually find them cheaper on your own but the biggest reason is if you book it yourself you have control over your flights. I've seen some crazy itineraries when the cruiselines book the flights. We heard multiple horror stories on our Golden cruise in July from people with crazy layovers and inadequate layovers in Houston when clearing customs and immigration was necessary.

Having said that, if you use their plan it will include transfers to the ship.
Old September 3rd, 2006, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Have Princess air put on your reservation, it can be easily taken off up until final payment, then start looking for air on your own, but make sure you check on the recommended arrival and departure times with the cruise lines.
Old November 25th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Beginner

On thing to keep in mind is that if Princess books your air and your flight is delayed Princess will take care of all your problems, i.e., late for the ship or who knows what might happen. If you book your own air and if there is a problem with the flight you are on your own and Princess will not be able to help. Good luck
Old November 26th, 2006, 05:25 AM
Passenger

Default airfare

generally cruiselines are more

our friend just left from barcelona--did hotel through celebrity--best western $500 1 night--onlin eit was $140

this website chk fares at multiple website
http://www.bookingbuddy.com/?source=...id=52062870004
Old November 26th, 2006, 10:55 AM
Admiral

Generally cruise ship airfare is NOT a bargain but there are remedies if schedules are changed suddenly. I assume you are flying into and/or out of Alaska.

If you get an Alaska Airlines credit card you will get a free $50 companion fare coupon which could save you almost 1/2 on two airfares to Alaska. Alaska Airlines is a very good carrier for a domestic carrier I.M.H.O. You will also get another free companion fare each year with your credit card.

If you are cruising in and out of Vancouver, you may want to fly into Seattle and drive a rental car the 21/2 hours to Vancouver. That keeps it as a domestic flight which is usually much cheaper. Or you may want to cruise out of Seattle.

Just a few ideas!
Old November 26th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Passenger

It has been awhile! But if memory serves me right the airfare price listed by Princess included transportation to and from the airport to the ship. Once your bags are loaded on the bus, the next time you see them should be in your room. Also on the return trip they unload the ship to meet the times of flight departing times. We like to take a pre-cruise flight and hotel. They take you to the hotel and from the hotel to the ship.
This gives me time to handle any problems that may occur (weather delays and the such) If you are flying out of Vancover be prepared to pay extra airport taxs (They did that to me, but its been a while)
Caribbean Princess-2004
Sea Princess-2002
Golden Princess-2001
Royal Caribbean Grander of the Sea 2000
Grand Princess-1998
Star Princess (Old)-1997
Sun Princess-1996
Old November 26th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Admiral

Default Re: alaska air

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybabyskye
We are flying from JFK to Alaska. Every fare I have checked on my own is more than Princess. Is this possible?
I find that odd. Princess has never been lower than I can get on my own. For our next cruise, Princess wanted $1750 pp. I got first/business class for less than that on Delta.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08