CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Crown - Riviera vs Caribe Deck ? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/319937-crown-riviera-vs-caribe-deck.html)

KAWS August 30th, 2006 11:01 PM

Crown - Riviera vs Caribe Deck ?

Question for those that have gone on the Crown Princess.

We're booked on the Crown on the Riviera (mid ship). I've heard that the balconies on the Caribe are a lot bigger. True? If true, would it be worth it to call the TA to get switched? (Cost could be $50 total to do so but will need to verify that with the TA.) Oh the cabin on the Caribe would be more aft than the mid Riviera.

TIA

Kim

LisaK August 31st, 2006 09:39 AM

Kim, all i can tell you is that Caribe is our favorite deck on Princess ships. We haven't sailed on the Crown but we have sailed on the Golden- they are basically sister ships. Go to Princess web site, click on fleet, click on Crown then click on deck plans, it will tell you the square footage of your cabin. If its only $50.00 difference i think it would be worth it.

erntrish August 31st, 2006 03:02 PM

Just off the Crown's 8/16 sailing. Had a great time.

We were in C-603, a BA level balcony just aft of midships on the starboard side of the Caribe deck. The balconies on Caribe and Dolphin decks are quite a bit larger (deeper front-to-back) than those on other decks. They also have reclining loungechairs in addition to the standard aluminum mesh patio furniture. However, the extra space and luxury comes at a small price...the outside portion of the balcony is exposed to above, so lacks the privacy of the other decks. The half closest to the door is covered and private, and well worth the "sacrifice".

KAWS August 31st, 2006 08:18 PM

Thanks for your comments. After reading them I sent off an email to the TA that booked my trip and asked her for her opinion as well. Gave her the "you're the expert so that's why I'm asking you" line and hopefully she'll be honest with me and tell me what she really thinks.

Thanks again.

Kim

Update:

Not 10 minutes later I got an email back from my TA and here's what she said:

"If you are going to use your balcony alot - definitely change for the larger cabin. I think you would love it."

She didn't say a word about charging extra. I think I'm going to get her to change it to the Caribe. I KNOW we'll be using that balcony and I could care less about the privacy thing - not like we're going to be doing anything private out there anyway, even if we could! :wink:

Sure hope I'm doing the right thing....... :-?

Kim

LisaK September 1st, 2006 08:47 AM

Kim you won't regret your decision at all.

KAWS September 1st, 2006 09:46 AM

Thanks Lisa.

I just got an email from the TA. She said, "DONE! I'll send you a new confirmation today." And she didn't charge me anything extra so it's all good. Woohoo!!

Thanks to EVERYONE for their help and advice. I am very happy with my decision and I would have most likely agonized until I couldn't even get the cabin I wanted. We're now in C702 if anyone happens to be looking at deck plans (and gave up R502 for it). I absolutely will not be changing a thing from here on it. I do believe I'm set!

Kim

LynneK September 3rd, 2006 11:14 AM

you will really like the cabin on the Caribe deck. We were on the Star last year in C602. It was a nice cabin and the balcony was nice. We are going on the Crown also and have gotten a mini suite this time, on the Dolphin deck. Enjoy your cruise.

Nucruzer January 19th, 2007 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAWS
Thanks Lisa.

I just got an email from the TA. She said, "DONE! I'll send you a new confirmation today." And she didn't charge me anything extra so it's all good. Woohoo!!

Thanks to EVERYONE for their help and advice. I am very happy with my decision and I would have most likely agonized until I couldn't even get the cabin I wanted. We're now in C702 if anyone happens to be looking at deck plans (and gave up R502 for it). I absolutely will not be changing a thing from here on it. I do believe I'm set!

Kim

Great decision.

cruisinsoon February 11th, 2007 11:14 AM

Do all of the balconies on Caribe Deck, Crown Princess, have reclining two reclining lounge chairs?

pema February 14th, 2007 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruisinsoon
Do all of the balconies on Caribe Deck, Crown Princess, have reclining two reclining lounge chairs?

Hi , I am booked on the Crown 6/17/07 starboard side caribe mid deck
Would be VERY interested to know IF we have two reclining lounge chairs ??
Please advise
Thanks Pema

Janice Marie February 14th, 2007 09:00 PM

Hi LisaK: we've sailed 6 times on the Diamond - Baja deck. This will be our first time on the Golden. We booked C515. You mentioned the Caribe deck is your favorite on Princess ships. Would you mind sharing why? I hope we mind a good decision.