Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 30th, 2006, 11:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Crown - Riviera vs Caribe Deck ?

Question for those that have gone on the Crown Princess.

We're booked on the Crown on the Riviera (mid ship). I've heard that the balconies on the Caribe are a lot bigger. True? If true, would it be worth it to call the TA to get switched? (Cost could be $50 total to do so but will need to verify that with the TA.) Oh the cabin on the Caribe would be more aft than the mid Riviera.

TIA

Kim
Sponsored Links
Old August 31st, 2006, 09:39 AM
Admiral

Kim, all i can tell you is that Caribe is our favorite deck on Princess ships. We haven't sailed on the Crown but we have sailed on the Golden- they are basically sister ships. Go to Princess web site, click on fleet, click on Crown then click on deck plans, it will tell you the square footage of your cabin. If its only $50.00 difference i think it would be worth it.
Old August 31st, 2006, 03:02 PM
Beginner

Just off the Crown's 8/16 sailing. Had a great time.

We were in C-603, a BA level balcony just aft of midships on the starboard side of the Caribe deck. The balconies on Caribe and Dolphin decks are quite a bit larger (deeper front-to-back) than those on other decks. They also have reclining loungechairs in addition to the standard aluminum mesh patio furniture. However, the extra space and luxury comes at a small price...the outside portion of the balcony is exposed to above, so lacks the privacy of the other decks. The half closest to the door is covered and private, and well worth the "sacrifice".
Old August 31st, 2006, 08:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for your comments. After reading them I sent off an email to the TA that booked my trip and asked her for her opinion as well. Gave her the "you're the expert so that's why I'm asking you" line and hopefully she'll be honest with me and tell me what she really thinks.

Thanks again.

Kim

Update:

Not 10 minutes later I got an email back from my TA and here's what she said:

"If you are going to use your balcony alot - definitely change for the larger cabin. I think you would love it."

She didn't say a word about charging extra. I think I'm going to get her to change it to the Caribe. I KNOW we'll be using that balcony and I could care less about the privacy thing - not like we're going to be doing anything private out there anyway, even if we could!

Sure hope I'm doing the right thing.......

Kim
Old September 1st, 2006, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Kim you won't regret your decision at all.
Old September 1st, 2006, 09:46 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks Lisa.

I just got an email from the TA. She said, "DONE! I'll send you a new confirmation today." And she didn't charge me anything extra so it's all good. Woohoo!!

Thanks to EVERYONE for their help and advice. I am very happy with my decision and I would have most likely agonized until I couldn't even get the cabin I wanted. We're now in C702 if anyone happens to be looking at deck plans (and gave up R502 for it). I absolutely will not be changing a thing from here on it. I do believe I'm set!

Kim
Old September 3rd, 2006, 11:14 AM
Beginner

you will really like the cabin on the Caribe deck. We were on the Star last year in C602. It was a nice cabin and the balcony was nice. We are going on the Crown also and have gotten a mini suite this time, on the Dolphin deck. Enjoy your cruise.
Old January 19th, 2007, 01:57 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWS
Thanks Lisa.

I just got an email from the TA. She said, "DONE! I'll send you a new confirmation today." And she didn't charge me anything extra so it's all good. Woohoo!!

Thanks to EVERYONE for their help and advice. I am very happy with my decision and I would have most likely agonized until I couldn't even get the cabin I wanted. We're now in C702 if anyone happens to be looking at deck plans (and gave up R502 for it). I absolutely will not be changing a thing from here on it. I do believe I'm set!

Kim
Great decision.

Always keep an open mind.

http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q4/MD11F/
Old February 11th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Passenger

Do all of the balconies on Caribe Deck, Crown Princess, have reclining two reclining lounge chairs?
Old February 14th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisinsoon
Do all of the balconies on Caribe Deck, Crown Princess, have reclining two reclining lounge chairs?

Hi , I am booked on the Crown 6/17/07 starboard side caribe mid deck
Would be VERY interested to know IF we have two reclining lounge chairs ??
Please advise
Thanks Pema
Old February 14th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi LisaK: we've sailed 6 times on the Diamond - Baja deck. This will be our first time on the Golden. We booked C515. You mentioned the Caribe deck is your favorite on Princess ships. Would you mind sharing why? I hope we mind a good decision.