Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 2nd, 2006, 11:40 AM
Captain

Default Princess Rome disembarkation

Any past Princess cruisers disembarked in Rome? We have heard the arrival time is at 0400 for the "Golden" this November and it appears that most flights out of Rome are morning flights. "Delta" switched us from Noon back to 10:45 A.M. (latest flight out on Nov 22) but obviously causing us to panic since we booked air independently. Anyone know when they actually clear the ship in Rome?

We did contact "Princess" but since we dared to book independent air, they are NOT helpful. They recommend flights after 1100 but that is the stock answer and some ports are unique (been cleared by 0500 in Ensenada). Appreciate any experience so we can make an informed decision, Robbie
Sponsored Links
Old September 2nd, 2006, 10:22 PM
Admiral

Robbie,

Any past Princess cruisers disembarked in Rome? We have heard the arrival time is at 0400 for the "Golden" this November and it appears that most flights out of Rome are morning flights. "Delta" switched us from Noon back to 10:45 A.M. (latest flight out on Nov 22) but obviously causing us to panic since we booked air independently. Anyone know when they actually clear the ship in Rome?

I have not disembarked in Civitavecchia, but I have taken enough cruises s I would not worry about a flight fifteen minutes before the recommended time. The cruise lines allow plenty of cushion in their recommendations.

I have, however, landed at Rome's airport several times and have never known Italian customs and immigration formalities to be much of a problem. Also, you probably will be arriving from another port within the European Union so you will effectively be a domestic arrival.

Norm.
Old September 3rd, 2006, 01:21 AM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to carol962

We also have an early flight out of Rome on 11/22 (10:00 a.m.), so even earlier than you, and got the same 11:00 a.m. line from Princess. I have heard on other boards that disembarkation depends on the ship clearing customs and that can vary depending on the Italian officials. We have booked a limo with another couple to be there at 7:00 a.m. and hopefully will get to the airport in time (limo company says they will) to make our flight. People on the Cruise Critic Board and the limo company have said that 7:00 a.m. is time when disembarkation occurs. We're planning on talking with the Purser as soon as we get on to be allowed an "early disembarkation" so we can be the first off handling our own luggage. Good luck - and maybe will run into to you on the cruse.

carol962
Old September 3rd, 2006, 08:17 AM
Admiral

Haven't disembarked in Civetevecchia but have been several times. A 7:00 a.m. limo ride for a 10:00 a.m. flight seems a bit too tight.

It is a 1 - 1 1/2 hour ride to Rome, add on traffic and checkin and it seems a bit too close for me.
Old September 3rd, 2006, 04:45 PM
Admiral

CruiseAholic,

It is a 1 - 1 1/2 hour ride to Rome, add on traffic and checkin and it seems a bit too close for me.

Rome's Leonardo da Vinci International Airport (FCO) is in Fiumicino, midway between Civitaveccia and Rome, so cut that transit time in half and don't worry about Rome's city traffic.

Norm.
Old September 4th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Captain

Thx to all for your input! Just reaffirms why I think these boards are SO great!!