Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 14th, 2006, 02:29 PM
Passenger

Default Catamaran Excursion

Sailing on Caribbean Princess in November.

St. Thomas and St. Maarten.

Has anyone done a catamaran from either port and if so
was it worthwhile.

Need some input!!

KennyG
Sponsored Links
Old September 14th, 2006, 08:36 PM
First Mate

Went on the Golden Eagle a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. Guess I must really like the ocean to get off one ship and onto another! The ride over is a quieter one, they do a snorkel stop/you can swim or take a dingy ride to the beach, then the ride back is when they put on music and break out the free rum punch. Lots of fun!

I've heard lots of positives about the Champagne Catamaran excursions too.
Old September 15th, 2006, 01:26 AM
Admiral

kennygeorge,

St. Thomas and St. Maarten.

Has anyone done a catamaran from either port and if so
was it worthwhile.

I have done the "Champagne Catamaran to St. John" from St. Thomas several times, and will do it again without hesitation. It's well worth the price.

Norm.
Old September 15th, 2006, 10:36 AM
Admiral

We have done the Golden Eagle Catamaran in St.Maarten - loved it, would do it again.
Have heard rave reviews about the Champagne Catamaran in St. Thomas
Old September 16th, 2006, 04:19 AM
Beginner

Dome a cat in Mexico, and would do it ANYWHERE , especially the blue waters of the carribean! It's clear and warm and just plain beautiful. The cat itself is usually large enough for a fun ride, with the employees who host you just LOVIN LIFE, who wouldnt ? They usually serve lunch and after the swimming and water sports, on the way back, they will open bar. Its a fun time, but dont oveer-do the liquor towards the end, cos getting sick is no fun. Bring sunscreen and a smile :} Pete & Charise
Old September 19th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Beginner

We have taken a Catamaran trip on Hawaii and it was great! Probably not for those with seasick tendencies though. But if that is not the case...go!
Old September 24th, 2006, 06:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

When I've gone to check out the champagne catamaran cruises they say that they run on Mondays only. We're not going to be in St. Thomas on a Monday. Anyone know where I can try to get this excursion or is this something I need to book with the Princess directly?

Kim
Old September 24th, 2006, 10:40 PM
Admiral

Kim,

When I've gone to check out the champagne catamaran cruises they say that they run on Mondays only. We're not going to be in St. Thomas on a Monday. Anyone know where I can try to get this excursion or is this something I need to book with the Princess directly?

This excursion has a consortium of boat owners, so the "only on Monday" is probably that specific owner/operator. Princess does offer the excursion on other days of the week.

Norm.
Old September 27th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Cruise Maniac

Ah, that explains it. Thanks Norm.

We're still trying to decide between this and the shopping/sightseeing/beach trip that I've heard about.

So many possibilities; so little time!

Kim
Old September 28th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Admiral

Kim, the Champagne Catamaran tour gives you beach & snorkeling, you might have enough time to wander around St. Thomas on your own and do some shopping either before or after your tour. If you dock at Havensight there is a nice mall right there or you could grab a cab and head into downtown Charlotte-Amaile for some shopping.
Old September 28th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Admiral

LisaK,

Kim, the Champagne Catamaran tour gives you beach & snorkeling, you might have enough time to wander around St. Thomas on your own and do some shopping either before or after your tour. If you dock at Havensight there is a nice mall right there or you could grab a cab and head into downtown Charlotte-Amaile for some shopping.

Yes. The Champagne Catamaran exursion leaves the pier around 9:00 AM and returns around 3:15 PM, so one usually will have a couple hours to shop before the ship's departure.

BTW, I should mention that St. Thomas is the best place to mail postcards home because it's served by the U. S. postal system. There's a post office in Havenight Mall, right next to the original cruise ship pier, and the shopping center next to the new pier probably also has a post office.

Norm.
Old September 28th, 2006, 10:44 PM
Captain

I'll add my vote for the Champagne Catamaran tour! I've done several
and thoroughly enjoyed them! I always think they give you the most for your money.