Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 15th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Beginner

Default Far East and China Cruise

Has anyone taken the Saphire Princess 16 day far east and china cruise?
Looking for some feedback on the cruise and the ports.
We will be stopping in Beijing, Shanghi,Hong Kong,Singapore, vietnam,okinawa,bangkok.
Sponsored Links
Old September 15th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Passenger

G'day Big Tom, I am on stand by (booked out) for the cruise back to the USA (from Sydney)in April and it is one ship I havent been on yet but the ports I do know as we have been to most many times I dont know what you like but a few suggestions, Beijing take a ships tour (or go on line and book with Greys) to the Square or the (several hours away) Tombs or the Wall, be VERY wary of the Peoples Markets and make sure you see THE ITEM you are buying is what you get if you are a visitor or you will end up with a Sony Flash drive that is not when you get home etc, Silk is Fantastic buys, Shanghai,get into the main shopping mall in the city, a ABSOLUTE must, as many lights and activity as there is in Las Vegas ! fantastic shopping & far more Western morals the Shops (be VERY VERY wary of the Peal Market, if you cant touch it dont buy it and more so if you have beaten them down a lot, they WILL have the last laugh) Cashmere Jumpers and Silk FANTASTIC, your wife or Girlfreind will never want to leave, if you are inclined then jump on the Elevated train and take a return trip to the Airport ( if you like gadgets etc this is a MUST) the trip on freeway to by fast Taxi is 70 mins( at 110 ks) , by train it takes 13 mins ! you can video the speed as it goes up to 425 mph on a screen) Hong Kong, you dock right in the city at Kowloon and you can take a Star ferry acrooss the water to Hong Kong, Singapore the same you dock down town and heaps to do, the Zoo & Bird park are worth doing, Orchard road and a place called Monkey Plaza for buying ANYTHING is still about the best in the world but again make sure you get your currencies correct and NSTC or Pal if your looking at Video in any format or for the children Playstation stuff etc, I guess thisi s getting too long, I will finish here
please advise if you need any other info in particular
Old September 16th, 2006, 12:02 AM
Passenger

Nope .. but I am leaving on Oct 14th on the Osaka to Beijing cruise on the Sapphire .. one of my absolute favorite ships ...

I will be watching for other responses here ..

Kathy