Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 24th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Puerto Vallarta Shopping

Can anyone tell me if there might be a larger market anywhere else in Puerto Vallarta besides the one next to the pier?
Sponsored Links
Old September 24th, 2006, 11:43 PM
Admiral

Janice Marie,

The downtown area has lots of shops. It's not very far from the pier.

Norm.
Old September 25th, 2006, 11:46 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Take a cab downtown to the Malecon......the waterfront boulevard. Many shops and restaurants there.
Old September 27th, 2006, 10:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Is there any specific area or name of a shop in the Malecon we should ask the taxi driver to drop us off?
Old September 30th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Admiral

If you have your cabbie take you to "Galleria Uno," (a wonderful local art gallery) It is only one or two blocks inland from the Malecon. (Yellow cabs on the street are MUCH cheaper than the white ones at the cruise ship terminal.)

The lady owners there, Jan & Martina have a magazine available called "Vallarta Lifestyle." It is free and very informative. There are many wonderful shops very close to this location and the magazine has great color pictures and ads for many of the better shops and restaurants.

I'm pretty sure Vallarta Lifestyle also has a website on which you can do some window shopping before you go. Do a Google search and I'm confident you'll find it.

There is also excellent shopping a little bit farther south on Vallarta Blvd.
The area where the Cuale crosses Vallarta Blvd. is called the "Zona Romantica." There are lots of lovely shops and restaurants nearby.
"Le Bistro," "Adobe Cafe" and "River Cafe" are lovely places to have lunch. The hotel "Rio Cuale" will let you use their pools and facilities for less than $10 per adult and $5 per child. Check out "Pie in the Sky" for great brownies if you need a chocolate fix.

If you want something more casual for lunch, "El Torito" has excellent pork ribs and huge buckets of fabulous steamed shrimp. (This is a funky sports bar with excellent food and service.)

Or "Mariscos Polo" is consistantly the best seafood restaurant in town at very modest prices. This is a locals hang out and not fancy. (But the food is GREAT!) If you are adventurous try a pulpo burrito, if not try a shrimp burrito. These are so good I dream of them.

Or "Burros Bar" (on the beach at Los Muertos Beach) has excellent fajitas, margaritas, and qeso fundito.

I hope this helps. We go to PV a lot so e-mail us if you fave further questions.
Old September 30th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the information, Chuck. I'll try the website you suggested and will contact you if I have any other questions.