Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 17th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Passenger

Default Diamond Princess..Minisuite D737 / D736

Has anyone ever been in either D737 or D736 - mini suites aft on the Dolphin Deck?

I've gotten conflicting reports from Princess agents...one says they have the larger balcony that "wraps" toward the end of the ship, another says it doesn't have that balcony and in fact the entire suite is smaller than average.

Thanks

Puggles
Old September 22nd, 2010, 08:32 PM
Beginner

Just finished booking one of these for December. Balconey does not "wrap" to the aft. From the one photo I found you can tel that it is about 150-175% wider than normal.

More important, from my reaserch, they were to be wheel cair accessable rooms but didn't make the inspection. No tub but a larger than normal bathroom with a no step up shower area. The cabin is at the end of the hallway at the aft. The actual door is around the corner so you enter the cabin in the "middle" compared to every other outside/balcony on the ship. The room itself is reported to be slightly narrower than normal. The "twin" beds are ment to remain seperate, but can be made into a queen. Problem would be the limited space to pass between bed and wall. Sitting area is said to have love seat rather than sofa.
Old September 23rd, 2010, 06:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Try:
YouTube - Caribbean Princess - Mini-Suite - E730 - Suite Tour
I'm booked on the Crown next year in E730 which I believe is similar to D736/737. I booked a year in advance to get that room!
Princess Emerald Princess (2010) min-suite
Carnival Conquest (2008)
Princess Grand Princess (2003)
Carnival Victory (2002)
Celebrity Century (1997) Century Suite
Carnival Fantasy (1997)
Carnival Ecstasy (1994) Grand Suite
NCL Sunward (1992) Marquee Suite
RCI Nordic Empress (1990)
RCI Song of America (1988)