Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 18th, 2006, 11:10 PM
Passenger

Default caribbean Princess Dolphin deck

Are the baloncy's larger on this deck...
It seems from the deck plan that it is but I would like to know
as I will be booking shortly
Sponsored Links
Old October 19th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Passenger

Yes, they are larger -- but fully exposed to the upper decks (and the sun and the rain). The balconies are totally built out from the hull and to make room for the large mini suite cabin on the Dolphin Deck, these balconies really "sitck out!"

NEXT UP:
Sapphire Princess - April 2008
Auckland, NZ to Sydney, Australia
Followed by Australian Outback Land Tour
Old October 19th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Passenger

I think they are larger, but partially uncovered. So people could theoretically look down on you...don't know why they would...but hope that helped.
Old October 19th, 2006, 09:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

No they are no larger then the other decks and are smaller then the caribe deck. The caribe deck is the only deck with larger balconies half being covered and half uncovered.
Old October 21st, 2006, 12:51 AM
Cruise Maniac

YES, the Caribe deck is much larger than the Dolphin deck. We were upgraded down from the deck underneath the Lido to the Caribe deck and boy we were pleasantly surprised. Our balcony was 9x8 sq feet. We had room for lounges, table and chairs. We could sunbathe in peace and quiet. We could dance to our soft jazz music. Plus we could look down on the Dolphin Deck. The Dolphin deck is completely exposed. The entire side of the ship can see those on the dolphin deck. our caribe deck was half covered. I was extremely happy about that because that sun can be brutal.

san

Old October 21st, 2006, 09:49 AM
Passenger

Thanks for clarifying...so much misinformation, I had been under the wrong impression.

I am very excited to be on Caribe deck next month!
Old October 21st, 2006, 02:23 PM
Admiral

Default Dolphin = Caribe = Same Size Others are not as Large

Caribe- 1/2 covered. Balcony is larger at 9x10 instead of 9 x 5 like balcony decks on other decks.

Dolphin- fully open. No overhead cover. All mini-suites cabins. Cabin is bigger but balcony is approx. the same size as Caribe.

Note this list does not include the AFT balcony cabins on Baja, Caribe and Dolphin Deck which are slightly larger (9 ft. x 11 ft.) and fully covered.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old October 21st, 2006, 11:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Dolphin = Caribe = Same Size Others are not as Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Shark
Caribe- 1/2 covered. Balcony is larger at 9x10 instead of 9 x 5 like balcony decks on other decks.

Dolphin- fully open. No overhead cover. All mini-suites cabins. Cabin is bigger but balcony is approx. the same size as Caribe.

Note this list does not include the AFT balcony cabins on Baja, Caribe and Dolphin Deck which are slightly larger (9 ft. x 11 ft.) and fully covered.
Irish Shark I was on the CP last year and I saw for myself that the balconies on the dolphin deck was smaller than the caribe deck. However, the next time I will try to book an aft on the caribe deck. I hear the view everymorning is breathtaking.
By the way when were you on the CP?

Old October 22nd, 2006, 11:39 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Dolphin = Caribe = Same Size Others are not as Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by san007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Shark

Irish Shark I was on the CP last year and I saw for myself that the balconies on the dolphin deck was smaller than the caribe deck. However, the next time I will try to book an aft on the caribe deck. I hear the view everymorning is breathtaking.
By the way when were you on the CP?
Never been on that ship. Just the facts as stated by Princess. Google is your friend.

If they are bigger, it does not look like much. I also said approx. the same size Caribe

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old October 22nd, 2006, 11:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have to agree the dolphin deck is smaller then the caribe. I love the caribe deck. The last time I was on the caribe the dolphin deck below us had 2 lounge chairs and a table and they have very little room to move around. On the caribe we had 2 lounge chairs a table and the lounge chairs were mostly in the covered part leaving a lot of extra space.
Old October 23rd, 2006, 01:47 AM
Cruise Maniac

I am glad you shared this pic Irish. It clearly shows the difference between the decks, especially the Dolphin. You can see clearly you have extra space on the caribe deck and it's just enough. We did so much on our caribe balcony. It was really worth the extra bucks. As you can see the Dolphin which is the last deck its about 2 or 3 ft smaller. Also there is absolutely no privacy.

Old October 23rd, 2006, 01:03 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by san007
I am glad you shared this pic Irish. It clearly shows the difference between the decks, especially the Dolphin. You can see clearly you have extra space on the caribe deck and it's just enough. We did so much on our caribe balcony. It was really worth the extra bucks. As you can see the Dolphin which is the last deck its about 2 or 3 ft smaller. Also there is absolutely no privacy.
One more time: I also said approx. the same size Caribe .

In the bottom pic, you can see a lounge chair on the Caribe deck. It looks like it is over the left edge of the sliding window on the Dolphin deck. It also looks like the partitions are offset so it is really hard to see the actual space.

One deck up (Baja) from the Caribe, the balcony's look exactly the same, but they are not.

I'll take the mini-suite over the bacony cabin any day.

Anywho, spending too much time on on 2 more sq. ft. Let's move on.

Old October 24th, 2006, 05:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

thank you!! Let it go.

Old January 19th, 2007, 01:37 AM
Passenger

I've cruised on the Crown Princess, whose deckplan is exactly the same as the Caribbean Princess, and the balcony on the Dolphin Deck is smaller than the balcony on the Caribe Deck. The Caribe Deck balcony has more depth(longer).

Always keep an open mind.

http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q4/MD11F/