Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 27th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Passenger

Default Crown Princess - Riviera vs. Baja

Hey Folks,

I need a little help here. I was on the Caribbean in June after a 10 year layoff from cruising. Wow, the ships have changed a little! It was also my wife's first cruise. She loved it and vowed to do 1 cruise a year, every year. Yep, she had a great time!

We (Mom, Dad, with my 11 and 13 yo daughters) are booked on the now rapidly filling up Crown for the April 7th (and Easter and Spring Break) passage.

Now our dilema. We thought our travel agent was moving slowly, and she was, so we booked directly with Princess and received an aft-facing balcony and an interior (right next to the balcony room) for the kids on the Baja deck. We were pumped. From thw wisdom gained here, the aft facing seems to be a favorite. This was all last Wednesday.

Now the travel agent catches up with us. She had requested, but didn't receive until after she had left for the holiday, a 2 room balcony request. t came through on Wednesday, but we all didn't learn about it until today. Two adjoining balconies on the Riviera deck - 1/3 back. A few cabins behind the elevator bank.

The 2 balconies (both BB) on the Riviera are priced at roughly the same point as the balcony and interior (BB and J). I guess my travel agent did better than I thought she would do. But now I need to cancel a reservation.

Decisions, and quick recommendations please:

Baja bigger cabins? Bigger decks?

Riviera noisy? Above us would be the last of the Starbord side cabins from the Lido deck above. So no Lido chairs directly above us, bit close.

I'd love for my daughter's first cruise experience to be with a balcony, but with only 1 at-sea day, I'm not sure they'd need it. Future expectations would be high.

Are the aft-facing balconies that excellent? We own a boat, so the extra motion in the back isn't a concern. The noise from the Lido might be. Others have said it's not noticeable at all, but I'd appreciate some more opinions.

Then again, to get 2 balconies for less money than a balcony and interior needs to be considered.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Doug
Sponsored Links