CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Princess pools and hot tubs (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/324328-princess-pools-hot-tubs.html)

JessieC December 5th, 2006 09:47 PM

Princess pools and hot tubs
 
My husband and I are planning our first Princess cruise, we've cruise with Carnival and Royal Caribbean in the past. We would like to know from past Princess guest if their pools and hot tubs are open 24/7? We just cruised on Royal Caribbean Advenuture of the Seas and they were, and we loved that. Also could anyone tell me how their entertainment is on Princess?

NanaShrek December 5th, 2006 10:05 PM

On Caribbean Princess, the pools/spas were not open 24/7 as they had been on the Grand, Golden, Coral and Star when we went on them. The hours varied by pool, but I don't remember the hours. The pool with MUTS closed earlier, around 5:30 or so I think.

The entertainment wasn't as good on Caribbean Princess as we've experienced on the other ships. Not horrible, just not as good. Although the pool band was excellent. I think they were called Vibz.

JessieC December 5th, 2006 10:24 PM

Thank-you for the info, would you know how everything is on the Crown Princess, that's the newest ship that just came out this year.

skymaster December 6th, 2006 05:36 PM

The pools on Princess are generally fresh water, instead of salt water. Lots better in my opinion. I disagree about the entertainment on Princess . IMO it's just as good, and in some cases better than most any of the other lines we've been on. (and that's most of them) Have a great cruise, and enjoy those fresh water pools!

Ken

NanaShrek December 6th, 2006 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skymaster
The pools on Princess are generally fresh water, instead of salt water. Lots better in my opinion. I disagree about the entertainment on Princess . IMO it's just as good, and in some cases better than most any of the other lines we've been on. (and that's most of them) Have a great cruise, and enjoy those fresh water pools!

Ken

What I meant was that the entertainment on Caribbean Princess was not as good as it had been on previous Princess cruises we've taken. It was way better than on Carnival (the passengers had more talent than the crew on that one). NCL's entertainment was pretty good too.

It's hard to have a bad cruise on Princess...it's still my favorite. Now if they'd only find a way to have both MUTS and a covered pool...that's my wish!

Fern December 6th, 2006 09:17 PM

Hi NanaShrek,

If I'm remembering correctly, Grand Princess has MUTS in the Neptune's pool area and the Calypso pool area is covered (a retractable roof).

I've slept since our Grand Princess cruise (many times!) and I could be wrong :( . I hope someone who's been there recently can confirm this!

BigMike'nSparky December 6th, 2006 11:48 PM

Entertainment on Princess vs Others
 
We have been on Princess, Celebrity, Holland America,and Carnival. Princess Entertainment beats the others, hands down.

NanaShrek December 7th, 2006 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fern
Hi NanaShrek,

If I'm remembering correctly, Grand Princess has MUTS in the Neptune's pool area and the Calypso pool area is covered (a retractable roof).

I've slept since our Grand Princess cruise (many times!) and I could be wrong :( . I hope someone who's been there recently can confirm this!

I haven't been on the Grand since they converted it, but on the deck plans, it shows it at the Calypso (where the roof used to be). That's the way it was on Caribbean. The Princess rep told us that the Crown and Emerald are the same way :( I like MUTS, but I really missed the covered pool area. There were always lots of shady places by the pool to relax. I can't sit in the direct sun long enough to watch a whole movie. I hope someday they find a way to have both!

LisaK December 7th, 2006 10:30 AM

To get a difinitive answer ask your travel agent. I do know that the pools are freshwater. I belive that if the ships have MUTS then the pools are closed at night while the movies are playing otherwise the pools and hot tubs are always open except for a few hours in the wee mornings for cleaning. This was the case on the Golden.
We found the entertainment on Princess to be very good, especially in the smaller bars, and show lounges. The production shows in the Princess Theatre were ok. We like the musical reviews better than the big production shows, good comedians. The disco doesn't get hopping until after 11pm.
Don't miss the deck party its a blast

S.S.Oceanlover December 8th, 2006 04:13 AM

Re: Princess pools and hot tubs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JessieC
My husband and I are planning our first Princess cruise, we've cruise with Carnival and Royal Caribbean in the past. We would like to know from past Princess guest if their pools and hot tubs are open 24/7? We just cruised on Royal Caribbean Advenuture of the Seas and they were, and we loved that. Also could anyone tell me how their entertainment is on Princess?

If you are talking about the Crown Princess then the pol hours are 6am to midnight except the Caypso pool which is open 6am to 5:30pm.

The Spa pool on Sun deck and the terrace pool on Riviera deck are for adults only.


Bill

Fern December 8th, 2006 09:36 PM

Hi NanaShrek,

Thanks for correcting me! We were on Grand Princess two years ago and I didn't know they'd changed the pool areas. When we were there the main pool area had the MUTS.

I wonder why they removed the cover over the Calypso pool? It seemed to be very popular on our cruise.

Like you, we don't sit in the sun if we can help it :) !

kosmo December 27th, 2006 11:47 AM

Just last January, we were on the Grand and it had both MUTS and the covered pool area (retractable). If they changed it, it's been just in the past 11 months but I hope not!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1